Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tm40 carby on xr

Go down

tm40 carby on xr Empty tm40 carby on xr

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 am

I recently purchased a tm40 carb for the piggy,any heads up on rough estimate on jetting?.......bikes got "opened a/box",staintune big bore headers/muffler,and vortex ignition(dual curve,just a advanced setting and a low grade fuel setting)sea level over here.Can this carb be run with standard intake boots etc?,better/worse fuel economy?Thanks gentlemen...

Back to top Go down

tm40 carby on xr Empty Re: tm40 carby on xr

Post  Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Old post, I know, but no one answered this guy, so hopefully I can shed a little light in his direction...

http://borynack.com/XR650R/HorsePowerMods.htm
Go on Borynack's site, he has a jetting guide for the TM 40 based on what you have done on your bike. The chart you're looking for is at the bottom of the page.

Back to top Go down

tm40 carby on xr Empty Stuff this technical

Post  Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey,

For stuff a little obscure, or pretty technical, you'll be better off on the yahoo group. There's some deep knowledge there with about 5000 members. And it functions different than more modern sites like this. An email is sent out to everyone based on their preferences. That's about the site's only advantage, IMHO.

Good luck. let us know how it performs when done.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down

tm40 carby on xr Empty Re: tm40 carby on xr

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down