Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What shocks fit the PIG?

Go down

What shocks fit the PIG? Empty What shocks fit the PIG?

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:09 pm

The shock on my bike has lost all damping and although there were loads last week there are no used units on UK ebay at the momment.
Now I going to get the original rebuilt but could do with a cheap unit to keep me mobile whilst the work is being done.

Do any of you know if there is a shock off another bike that will fit. For example the CRF 450 shock looks similar but is it compatible.

Thanks
Eddie

Back to top Go down

What shocks fit the PIG? Empty CR500???

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 pm

The team bikes used a highly modified CR500 rear shock. But I think it bolts in pretty clean. Not sure though. PC is clear to tell people that the modified CR500 shock is only for racers riding at the limits of the bike, like Henge and the rest. It is counter-productive at speeds less than 1X level. BTW, that means me for sure!

There's a guy in Redlands selling a rear shock. He's got it for sale on all the forums. Nice guy.

Back to top Go down

What shocks fit the PIG? Empty Re: What shocks fit the PIG?

Post  Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Bump,
I should have my rebuilt shock back early next week so that will do me for a while. Unfortunately it won't be in time for the weekend when I was due to lead a trail ride. Shit happens and all that. Serves me right for leaving the road worthiness test until the last minute.

The other question is how long had I been riding the Pig with no damping What shocks fit the PIG? Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

What shocks fit the PIG? Empty you're probably a pretty good rider...

Post  Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:11 pm

I remember once out at Ocotillo Wells there was this really fat guy, even by American standards. Belly hanging out below his jersey. Gear was all Miami Vice colors. And he was on this old clapped out XR400. That SOB out rode everyone there! And there were some magazine riders there that day too at reefs.

So it just goes to show you. Ansel Adams used an old wood box, some leather and plate glass a hundred years ago and no one has improved on what he did.

Back to top Go down

What shocks fit the PIG? Empty Re: What shocks fit the PIG?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum