Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking Cheese

Go down

Smoking Cheese Empty Smoking Cheese

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:36 am

Ok I have been questioned and asked over and over around the holidays by family and friends for my smoked chedder, mozzerella and havarti smoking secrect. It isnt hard, it isnt a secret and its easy. I use a Lure Jenson Big Chief smoker. You can use any smoker you have, you just need to know how to control the heat so the cheese doesnt melt, and it will need to be at about 75 to 80 degrees. Take the cheese out of the package a few hours before you smoke it, let it "skin" over at room temp. Cold Smoke is the key.

1. I preheat the smoker until the first pan of chips is smoking lightly
2. Cheese goes on very top rack
3. Pan of Ice on bottom rack
4. Thermometer in the top of the smoker
5. Babysit the smoker, This is important! Chedder melts quicker that the other cheeses. Change the ice if needed, turn the cheese if needed, dont let it get over 80 degrees inside the smoker!!!!!!!!!!! If the cheese starts sagging, turn it or pull it out until it cools. Then put it back in.
6. 1 to 2 pans of chips is all you need. 1 if its cherry, maple or oak... 2 if its alder, mesquite, apple. I have tried Hazlenut wood but it is to strong. Not sure about pecan wood because ive never used it.
7. Cool the cheese and let sit for a couple hours in the fridge.

Thats it...Make a couple blocks for Thanksgiving Smoking Cheese 12226

Back to top Go down

Smoking Cheese Empty Re: Smoking Cheese

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Nice..... Smoking Cheese 392435

Back to top Go down

Smoking Cheese Empty I am all over this. Thanks!!!

Post  Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:41 am

I would have never thought of it. Brilliant!

bakeray wrote:Ok I have been questioned and asked over and over around the holidays by family and friends for my smoked chedder, mozzerella and havarti smoking secrect. It isnt hard, it isnt a secret and its easy. I use a Lure Jenson Big Chief smoker. You can use any smoker you have, you just need to know how to control the heat so the cheese doesnt melt, and it will need to be at about 75 to 80 degrees. Take the cheese out of the package a few hours before you smoke it, let it "skin" over at room temp. Cold Smoke is the key.

1. I preheat the smoker until the first pan of chips is smoking lightly
2. Cheese goes on very top rack
3. Pan of Ice on bottom rack
4. Thermometer in the top of the smoker
5. Babysit the smoker, This is important! Chedder melts quicker that the other cheeses. Change the ice if needed, turn the cheese if needed, dont let it get over 80 degrees inside the smoker!!!!!!!!!!! If the cheese starts sagging, turn it or pull it out until it cools. Then put it back in.
6. 1 to 2 pans of chips is all you need. 1 if its cherry, maple or oak... 2 if its alder, mesquite, apple. I have tried Hazlenut wood but it is to strong. Not sure about pecan wood because ive never used it.
7. Cool the cheese and let sit for a couple hours in the fridge.

Thats it...Make a couple blocks for Thanksgiving Smoking Cheese 12226

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Very nice. It sounds pretty easy. I love smoked cheese, I will definitely have to try it out. Thank you for posting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum