Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro?

Go down

Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro? Empty Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 am

I know a thin walled 5/8" is needed and both Honda and Motion Pro make one just for it.

Any reason to go with one over the other?

Thanks y'all...

Back to top Go down

Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro? Empty Excellent question!

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:13 am

I have no idea. Come to think of it I've never changed the plug other than when I had it somewhere for someone to work on the head or cam or something had had them put a new one in while it was apart.

Anxiously awaiting enlightenment!!!

Back to top Go down

Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro? Empty Re: Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:54 pm

I just used a spark plug socket, might be a craftsman...had no problems.

Back to top Go down

Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro? Empty Re: Spark plug socket: Honda or Motion Pro?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 pm

modette wrote:I just used a spark plug socket, might be a craftsman...had no problems.
+1 on the Craftsman ⅝" plug socket

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 am

river wrote:I know a thin walled 5/8" is needed and both Honda and Motion Pro make one just for it.

Any reason to go with one over the other?

Thanks y'all...

Never tried the Motion Pro socket....

The Honda socket works just fine, though. It really comes in handy for failed water crossings. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down