Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning dead jakes inside

Go down

Warning dead jakes inside Empty Warning dead jakes inside

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Well killed my first turkey yesterday with my Camo Mossy. I went with my best friend and his son to their friend Ron's place to hunt some turkeys. Myself, my buddies son and Ron took our places on the side of a hill were we had seen the flock gather the day before. As the sun started to come up the turkeys started making their way down from there roosts. Some went to the left of us on the other side of the hill and some went straight in front of us but around a corner. So after watching the birds make several moves they started walking our way. Ron made a few calls and had to compete with the matriarch for dominace, well he won. They started to come towards us and then turned and started to move away form us, Ron called again and here they come. We got our guns up and the first one moved into position Ron asked if we could take the shot, I could see were my friends son barrel was pointed and it was right at the same bird I had in my sites. So I let him shoot, he nailed his bird and it dropped, one of the turkeys ran up the side of the hill behind Ron but the rest stayed near by. The other week I watched the turkeys violate some dead ones that had been shot so I waited thinking they might do the same. Well I see one making its way over to the dead one, I could only see its body threw the branches so I guessed were its head was and pulled the trigger. Boom head shot and one more dead jake, as soon as my bird dropped Ron was off down the hill to the birds. I think he was more excited then we were. Even with getting a head shot mine was still moving a bit but bleading prety good out the mouth, Ron took care of that and stood on its head untill it stopped moving. We gathered our birds and made are way back to the house that is only about 70 yards from were we shot. My bird turned out to be the biggest jake taken this season from his property and 9 got harvested, it was around 13-15 lbs.
Warning dead jakes inside 008-4
Me and my dead jake
Warning dead jakes inside 002-2
Left to right (Woody BF's Son) Ron and Me
Warning dead jakes inside 007-3
Woody (Bryan BF) & Me
Warning dead jakes inside Photo
Give daddy a kiss

Back to top Go down

Warning dead jakes inside Empty Re: Warning dead jakes inside

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 am

Nice shootin' Clipity!

I've been meaning to get out and bag a turkey for years.

What type of loads are you using?

TIA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 am

Nice shootin. My cousin got one last year and smoked it. It was small but damn good

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Dave P wrote:Nice shootin' Clipity!

I've been meaning to get out and bag a turkey for years.

What type of loads are you using?

TIA

Thanks Dave and bakeray

Shooting some cheap 3 inch magnums #5 shot.

Back to top Go down

Warning dead jakes inside Empty Looks like you need to add a hog to the feast!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey

I'm in Woodland, ride Stonyford and anywhere else I can. My real passion is hunting though, I can get you on the turkeys or hogs, let me know.

Doug

Back to top Go down

Warning dead jakes inside Empty For Xabntroop:

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 am

(Sorry, not really related to the thread but my only way to reply to Troop)
Yo D, got your mail but am unable to respond to that address - the one with the long number (phone?)
Just so you know I'm not ignoring you, good manners are for free you see Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I was riding 2 days ago and saw 7 big gobblers the next farm over from my house. I hope there still a few there come spring. I have only seen turkeys in this area 1 other time. They will probobly be gone by then. Im more of a wingshooter anyways. Wish my duck season was as long as you guy's is. Ours is roughly 60 days. I have heard it is like 106 in the pacific flyway. Makes me want to move west.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down