Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mainstand for the pig

Go down

Mainstand for the pig Empty Mainstand for the pig

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1920363-full

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1920364-full

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1920365-full
Well...I know that mainstand on XRR is not meant for everyone...so there will be mixed feelings from riders...

This was done just hours ago...and it still needs some adjustments...will let you know on some infos if keen... Mainstand for the pig 685850

Back to top Go down

Mainstand for the pig Empty Re: Mainstand for the pig

Post  Focker Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:26 pm

With the amount of dual sporting that you do...And you think it will be functional and out of the way...It must be great.

Now let's see how you made it...Or is that a secret?
Great job as usual! nice
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Mainstand for the pig Empty +1 Centerstand

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm positively impressed as well. How much does it weigh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 am

Ok,here's a link from ADVrider where i just did post on how it works and what other infos about it..
Sorry Mr Focker, that i have to divert it to a linky...so much to cut and paste...besides,the photos would be jumble up...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143652&page=108

It don't really weighed much...serious...try borrow a friend DR650 mainstand and carry it, and best of all...it's easy removal and installation...with proper tools,you could get it off in 5mins...

Well...I hope it does benefits to some XRR riders...

Cheers and ride Hard!!!
AJ
Mainstand for the pig Fresse

AJsgp wrote:Sorry Mr Focker, that i have to divert it to a linky...
No problem AJ...I'll do it for you. BRP smile
~ Focker

Well...the mainstand came from DR650 Fivestar mainstand.

So,here's how it look like after some mods.very little infact...I did'nt do it...i just planned it. I went to some mechanics who can do it cheap. Me, just too lazy and no skills with all those grinding,welding,and getting those hands dirty.

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921447-full
Notice that apart from the 2 original holes apart,and additional hole was drilled to fit onto our XRR frame.Well,this guys don't really do any calculation or measurements...the just whack whatever that could really make things work.As for me,i am not fussy customer...As long as i get what i want,I'm happy enuff...As long as it won't fall apart while I'm doing justice out on the dirt.

Here's the mounting holes for the bashplates underneath the XRR frame.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921448-full
I'm sorry to show you how terrible my XRR is...it's nowhere showroom condition.

Here's the right side mounting where it goes to the right footpeg mount.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921444-full

An added nuts was added.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921449-full

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921445-full

And well...on the left side...is not very fantastic...quite an eyesore actually...but i was rushing the other day. It was a plate screwed onto the frameguard mount and goes to the mainstand....so, this would be one of the part that needs some adjustments to trim and reweld the next time i pay them a visit.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921446-full

and here what goes underneath the linkage.Notice that it's only about 1cm apart from the tyre....what if i have some fresh knobbies?putting on dual sports tyres like those Dunlop Trailwings or Michelin Sirac won't be a problem definately.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921441-full

So, the question...During upright position,it stays fine.no bouncing actions.
Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921442-full

Mainstand for the pig Bikepics-1921443-full

However...since i did say those guys did no calculation or professional measurements, one problem i faced...when the mainstand is up,and you want to put the sidestand up as well,the sidestand will be closing and rest on the mainstand...that's becoz the mainstand leg on the right side was too close too the swingarm and the mainstand leg on the left side was alittle too far off...so, this is the other alteration i need to take.

So,i hope you guys can come up with a better and close to perfect mainstand for the XR650R...

CHeers,
AJsgp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum