Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New user, old BRP owner

Go down

New user, old BRP owner Empty New user, old BRP owner

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:43 am

I can't believe I just found this forum for the first time tonite.

I am on my 5th BRP.  The 1st was a basket-case 2001 with a dead engine.  Had to sell it after I broke my knee (see that report here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633292 )

2nd was a 2001 that I put a heck of a lot of time and mods into, and rode it all over SE Oregon, and a bit of N Nevada, too.

3rd was a 2002, that I had concurrently with the 2001, that I bought for a friend to ride on a Nevada ride we did in 2012 - that went all wrong (ran into a barbed wire fence's barbed wire gate, resulting in a crash that I rode away from, but it ended the trip early). Anyway, sold that 2002, as planned, after the ride was over.

I traded the 2001 for a 990 Adventure (plus some cash) last winter. I just had to know what those 990's were all about. I didn't like it, so I sold it.

And now, at the end of summer, I got XR650R #4, a 2002. It was a terrible buy, and I've had to put a lot of effort and $ into it to make it right. Its about 90% there, and I'll take it to 100% over the winter.

To make it a really nicely set up bike, I just got XR650R #5, or maybe #4.5, as its an XR650R without a frame. A long story, but its a nearly complete basket case without a frame. Now I have extra wheels, and lots of other extras plus doodads and farkles that I was planning on getting eventually, but now have in one complete package.

I ride almost all dirt, on adventure multi-day rides usually. Primarily in Central and SE Oregon and Nevada, even though I live in Western Oregon.

I've done some mods on these bikes that I'll post up in the appropriate forum.

Back to top Go down

New user, old BRP owner Empty Re: New user, old BRP owner

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 am

G,Day What a Face

Back to top Go down

New user, old BRP owner Empty Re: New user, old BRP owner

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 am

Welcome....all you had to do was search XR650R forum Bump Bump Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down