Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Ireland

Go down

Hello from Ireland Empty Hello from Ireland

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:50 am

I've been lurking for a while, it's only fair to register and say 'Hi'.  I've been biking since the mid 80's and have owned a strange mixture of bikes, mostly supermoto and adventure bikes.  I have a KTM 1190adv for long distance touring and I recently bought an invisible BRP with two sets of wheels.  Its currently stripped to bits while I free up the chain adjusters and service the forks but its not in bad nick despite its age and paintwork (yes, its been sprayed to look like that).  See you around.

David

Hello from Ireland 20161120_133117_zpssdpduilb

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland

Post  Mauser Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Welcome David just done a seized swinging arm adjuster bolts....
http://www.xr650rforum.com/t2538-swinging-arm-refurb
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Thats a nice write-up!

I've soaked the damn things with Transyl and heated them twice with a blowtorch but without taking the swingarm off I doubt I'll get the oil to penetrate too far as it is pointing down while still on the bike. The LHS came out with a bit or work but the RHS is going to break as soon as I put any force on it. I'm going to cut it off later and rethread it but I need to figure how to drill the pilot hole since my drill chuck will foul the end of the swingarm with the normal short drill bit. Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Snag is the remaining thread will drop into your swinging arm forever !!!. My 1 side was mega tight and I thought no way is this coming out but it did....lot easier when its sitting in a vice on the bench. If you do drill it I would make a block to fit into the arm with a pilot hole drilled through it on the right centres etc. you will also need some long series drills....but I still think your will come out....try and get it moving inwards slightly before backing outwards ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Yay, got the remaining bolt out with Transyl and blowtorch. Bike back together but flat midrange suggests jetting issue. Roll on some dry weather for some spins over Christmas.

David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum