Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob named Oddfellow

Go down

Noob named Oddfellow Empty Noob named Oddfellow

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey new to the forum and XR650R's. Just bought a beautiful BRP and am in the process of trying to understand it all. Coming over from an 1150GS. Got tired of chasing guys half my age around on bikes that weighed half what mine did, so here I am. Here's a link to the bike http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469854 A lot of new stuff to get used to. Some I like; the weight, simplicity and all the great farkles already on it. Some I don't know about yet, it has a LH rear brake and a rekluse clutch. So far I'm skidding the back tire prior to about every 10th shift. Haven't got the kickstarting down too well yet and it lost all the lights on a shakedown run last night (In the middle of a very dark wooded road pre moonrise, man it was spooky!) Think I'm going to put it up on the stand and pick through it all. We be asking stupid questions but don't worry I will be using the search functions first.
Got 3 Bike friendly bar and restaurants in Austin, TX. Stop in and say hi when your in the neighborhood!

Michael Parker
www.opaldivines.com

Back to top Go down

Noob named Oddfellow Empty Since you're from Austin ...

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:40 pm

I'll be glad to help!

Back to top Go down