Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Ohio!

Go down

Greetings from Ohio! Empty Greetings from Ohio!

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Greetings from a new XRR owner.

I am a long-term biker, just getting around to returning to dual sport. My bike progression started with an '89 Transalp (hence the username) that got replaced with an '01 FZ1 that got replaced with a '77 Goldwing sidecar rig that just got the company of an '01 XRR SM.

Obviously, I picked it up used, and it was really farkeled out by the PO.

From the PO:

The motor was sent off to Bare Bones Racing in Colorado in perfect working condition for the sole purpose of just adding some reliable pep to it. A new Nikelsiled sleeve was installed with a new higher compression,10.5:1 Ross lite weight piston which increased bore to 680cc, new valves, ect.

Other mods:

Stage II Hot Cam
Bike lowered about 1 inch with Kuba Link
Baja Designs Street package with modified headlight
Edlebrock pumper carb
Powerbomb header
White Brothers E series muf
310mm Front brake rotor w/caliper offset bracket
SV650 Front Radial brake master cylinder
RAD Supermoto wheels
Race Teched front forks
PBR steering stablizer
Trail Tech Speedo
Custom Dash
Gold Xring DID chain
XR's Only case protector
Extra Clark 4.3 gallon tank

My plan is to ride it til I wear the slicks out and then pick up some more DS oriented rubber.

I hope this bike to be a perfect blend of the Transalp's versatility and the FZ1s raw power.

Here are some photos:
Greetings from Ohio! 10723840
Greetings from Ohio! 91578287

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Ohio! Empty Re: Greetings from Ohio!

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Welcome to the board.

I would not go as far as saying it has FZ1 type power...I sold my 2001 FZ1 which I had something like 45K miles on it since new. However I know offroad, where I ride my BRP it leaves me with a smile. Maybe one day when I'm not lazy I will put on my SuperMotard rims and take the bike for a spin, I have yet to try them out, I been having so much fun offroad.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay? My setup I got the guy down from $2,900 to $2,500...then I spent another $2,800 on parts ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:17 pm

You probably aren't that far off. I've $4100 in this, including a bunch of spare and/or original parts, a billet rack, passenger pegs, and other stuff.

I'm happy...

'alp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down