Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMF Powercore 4

Go down

FMF Powercore 4 Empty FMF Powercore 4

Post  Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Theres a few of these available on e bay at the moment (not the Q) for the right price and Im just trying to get an idea how loud they are. It doesn't realy bother me,but the noise natzis and cops are a hassle I can do without.
I understand 'loud' is a subjective thing so put it this way, its currently un-corked with the end cap mod only. I would still call this 'quiet-ish'.
It also comes with the spark arrestor, so I guess this would shut it up a little more if need be.

cheers.

Back to top Go down

FMF Powercore 4 Empty Re: FMF Powercore 4

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm

I've run both the Powercore 4 and the Q Series on my pig. After about 3K miles, the welds cracked and gave up on both. Tig welding ain't cheap if you're paying for someone else to do it.

The FMF's seem to need to be repacked very frequently, as well, in my experience if you want to keep the db's down. Like every 20-30 hours. Got to be a pain for me.

After those two, I went with a White Bros E Series (baffled, Supertrapp style) and haven't looked back since. Nothing to repack, spark-arresting is built in to the design, and you can add and remove baffles for varying sound levels. Welds are still perfect looking after 3K miles and I bought it used, so who knows how many miles from the previous owner.

My 2 cents.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum