Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Kiwiland

Go down

Hi from Kiwiland Empty Hi from Kiwiland

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:55 am

Hi All Hi from Kiwiland Icon_smile

Live in Canterbury in New Zealand, some good riding in these parts, look forward to getting to know you and pick up some valuable information on The Pig Hi from Kiwiland 12226

Hi from Kiwiland 550158 Kiwi650

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kiwiland Empty Welcome!

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:12 am

Looking forward to some ride reports!

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kiwiland Empty Re: Hi from Kiwiland

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Welcome mang Hi from Kiwiland 726351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Cheers guys - 88 adventure rides mapped in the south island of New Zealand to use along side a Garmin GPS unit, worth coming over for.
Ridden KX500 for years that I had to "Van" everywhere so luxury having the road registered XR, Five minute ride on the tar then into it.

"California" We love your grapes and oranges here Hi from Kiwiland Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kiwiland Empty If I can make it...

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 pm

If I ever get over there to ride I'll bring a case of wine with me!
Kiwi650 wrote:Cheers guys - 88 adventure rides mapped in the south island of New Zealand to use along side a Garmin GPS unit, worth coming over for.
Ridden KX500 for years that I had to "Van" everywhere so luxury having the road registered XR, Five minute ride on the tar then into it.

"California" We love your grapes and oranges here Hi from Kiwiland Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 am

Hi from Kiwiland Icon_biggrin , Himmmmm never seen Californian wine here, If you not tried and see some Hawke's Bay New Zealand reds over there, they very worthy to consume. Hi from Kiwiland 16397

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kiwiland Empty I'll look for them

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 am

Generally, the best European stuff goes the the east coast of the USA. Here in the west we got a lot of stuff from NZ and OZ. Thanks for the heads up-I'll look for it here!
Kiwi650 wrote:Hi from Kiwiland Icon_biggrin , Himmmmm never seen Californian wine here, If you not tried and see some Hawke's Bay New Zealand reds over there, they very worthy to consume. Hi from Kiwiland 16397

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi from Kiwiland 16397 Gidday fellow Kiwi. I'm from Gisborne but now living in France. You'll get some good info here and the other related sites.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:24 am

Cheers Mate ! Snap my brother lives in New Caledonia, adopted by a french couple. Yeah looks good here - site header neat Hi from Kiwiland Icon_cool

What took you to France ? (besides the plane) Hi from Kiwiland Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Meet my wife in NZ and lived together there for six years She missed her family too much so we sold our house and moved over here. Didn't speak a word of French when I got here four years ago, but been thrown in the deep end you learn quick!! Builder by trade, I was lucky enough to find work quickly, the boss speaks abit of English which helped at the start, and I'm still working there. Great bunch of jokers.
Ridings awesome over here. I live in a small village 40 mins from Lyon. They have public access tracks weaving through farmland and forestry open to all. Just have to be careful sometimes with the farmers and their tractors.
Whats your xr like compared to your old kx?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 am

Hi from Kiwiland Icon_biggrin Thought may have been a feline that took you there, yeah pretty easy going in some areas of europe with areas beings open to all. Lived in Holland for 4 months. Tractors Hi from Kiwiland Icon_smile sounds bit like town'iees in 4WD' crossing your path down at the Waimak river.

Only had the XR out a few times so a little early to comment, not going crazy till get use to what the extra weight can do. First time out misread the manual and had 25lbs in the front and 18 in the rear and went off road mainly on shingle and I thought what have I bought here lolollllol was not steady like the K5. Next time out had 10lbs in both tyres and it "Turned the handling of the bike round" even though the rear suspension was way to hard. Third time out mate and I went round the bays on winding tar and was impressed with the handling even with knobs.

The feeling the KX500 brings each time its saddled takes some beating with 63 HP off the shop floor at 99 kg's.

Think they both two of the most iconic bikes out with a Lot of thought going into their development, keen to get the XR up in the 60 plus horsepower one day. Hi from Kiwiland 392435

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum