Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'Day from Seffrica

Go down

G'Day from Seffrica Empty G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 pm

G'Day,

Quick bio: Seffrica...local pronunciation for South Africa, where I am at.

Been riding XR's since 1983 when my grandad bought me an XR200 off the first shipment that landed here, and haven't look back since.

My current ride:

G'Day from Seffrica P9290246-1

G'Day from Seffrica 2009_09_06_00001_1

Looking forward to checking out the site nice

Back to top Go down

G'Day from Seffrica Empty Re: G'Day from Seffrica

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome! Looks like you're set up for long rides.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 am

Long distance for sure, the top pic was taken in Namibia, that particular day, from fuel stop to fuel stop was about 320 miles, most of it down wadi's (sandy dry river beds)....also did not see a soul.

I'm planning trip for September, where our longest distance between fuel stops are 750 km...will be carrying 50l of fuel.

Thanks for the welcome. cheers

Back to top Go down

G'Day from Seffrica Empty Welcome!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Looks like you are MR XR of SA!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Beserker wrote:Long distance for sure, the top pic was taken in Namibia, that particular day, from fuel stop to fuel stop was about 320 miles, most of it down wadi's (sandy dry river beds)....also did not see a soul.

I'm planning trip for September, where our longest distance between fuel stops are 750 km...will be carrying 50l of fuel.

Thanks for the welcome. G'Day from Seffrica 36202

Nice! That's some long distance, alright. I just picked up an Acerbis Sahara tank for a Mexico run I'm doing next October. My brother's and I are going to ride from Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz, take the ferry to the mainland and head back up and around through Arizona, etc. Lots of dry river beds in the deserts here, too.

Where you heading in September?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:56 pm

RallyMoto wrote:

Nice! That's some long distance, alright. I just picked up an Acerbis Sahara tank for a Mexico run I'm doing next October. My brother's and I are going to ride from Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz, take the ferry to the mainland and head back up and around through Arizona, etc. Lots of dry river beds in the deserts here, too.

Where you heading in September?

Yeah, from what I have seen of the states, where I live is a bit like Arizona/Oregon desert areas (we have coast) , but with the attitude of Mexico (based on Dust to Glory naughty ). September I'm going up to Angola, doing a stretch from Foz de Kunune to Baba, and then east to Menogue, and then south through the Caprivi.

Haven't been back there since the war, 20 yrs ago and will be interesting to see.

Now I need to check where the heck Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz is, I read an awesome report once, and Cabo sounds familiar...enjoy.

Edit: Had a look see, the place looks stunning..you will enjoy!

Last edited by Beserker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Beserker wrote:

Now I need to check where the heck Monterey to Cabo, up to La Paz is, I read an awesome report once, and Cabo sounds familiar...enjoy.

Basically Central California Coast down to the tip of Baja and over to mainland Mexico and back up through the desert of Arizona/Nevada to home (Monterey).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Just checked it out...you have a HUGE playground, and your ride is in a stunning area.

An interesting titbit, USA has more designated wilderness area than the whole of Africa combined, and of course you have the OHV programme..we can only wish.

I don't need to tell you, but neverless..ENJOY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum