Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650 wheels any others fit ?.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty XR650 wheels any others fit ?.

Post  Mauser Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Desperate to get my bike back to stock and need some off-road wheels do any other model fit the 650 ?, I know the front is the same as the XR250/400 but the rear has the larger spindle, how about other models ?.
Any advice appreciated as winter is getting closer and need some decent wheels fitting.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty Re: XR650 wheels any others fit ?.

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:04 am

Bit disappointed with this forum so far, considering it's a XR650 forum I was hoping that information would be more freely available but seems that hardly anyone comes here ?.
Finding out more info the hard way going hours and hours and trawling other forums for information.
Sad really as this is a good looking forum but seems so dead.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am

My understanding of the XR400 type rear wheel is that the wheel bearings can be changed to take the larger spindle but you may have to drill new holes for the disc as it is a different OD. Never done this and my info is from people adapting the XR650 wheel to fit the CRM which are the same as the XR400

Front wheel is a direct swap.

I am surprised that you have not found any on e bay yet, I have not been looking so much lately but they were plenty on there a while ago.

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks Hew, I have sorted some wheels now from ebay, £260 posted they are half decent but missing the rear disc, typical the XR650R disc is unique to the 650 so other models wont fit...doh.
Fitted new mudguard tonight and are adding a fender brace to help keep it straight, another problem due to the rear wheel having a 50t sprocket my nice new 110 link chain is 1 link short...doh again, I am trying to track down a 13t front sprocket which would resolve this problem and from what I have read the 13t~50t combination should work very well in the woods.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 pm

i ride 13/51 at the moment as supermotard and i like it alot but i wont keep it like this, it was the old set up from my enduro rims naughty
enduro/cross wheels from a honda crf will fit fo sho cause i ride sm rims from a crf450 in my xr650r and i only changed the bearings and spacers.
suzuki or yamaha rims can fit 2 i think with a little bid of modification.

good luck with it.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Not had any luck finding a rear wheel myself. When one comes across ebay it's way overpriced. I'm tempted to try a CRF450 wheel with new bearings.

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Mauser wrote:Bit disappointed with this forum so far, considering it's a XR650 forum I was hoping that information would be more freely available but seems that hardly anyone comes here ?.
Finding out more info the hard way going hours and hours and trawling other forums for information.
This site is still in it's infancy..It takes information to make information.

Hang in there and give it more than a couple of weeks. 2 thumbs
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Focker wrote:
Mauser wrote:Bit disappointed with this forum so far, considering it's a XR650 forum I was hoping that information would be more freely available but seems that hardly anyone comes here ?.
This site is still in it's infancy..It takes information to make information.

Hang in there and give it more than a couple of weeks. 2 thumbs
Fair point but would have thought a question about wheels would have been an easy answer Smile, even myself with little knowledge can now answer this question but only through my own homework.
Maybe a sticky post would help on topics such as this ? showing what parts are unique to the pig and which are not.

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Mauser wrote:Maybe a sticky post would help on topics such as this ? showing what parts are unique to the pig and which are not.
No problem...I would like to clean up this thread and have just the necessary information regarding the topic title.

Is that cool with you? It means deleting the off topic discussion(s) you and I are having.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:26 am

Focker,

if I may chime in here - don't.
If this site is in it's infancy (which I didn't know but will take your word for) then the more text/info is present here the more frequent it will be hit by a search engine - which would aid in the growing-up phase I suppose.
Besides, and aligned with your off topic remark, after one's infancy who's not looking forward to adultery hmm? Cool

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty xr650r wheel

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 pm

What is the going price, I have a complete rear wheel, and axle if the price is right, even has a half worn knobby on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 am

BHW wrote:Not had any luck finding a rear wheel myself. When one comes across ebay it's way overpriced. I'm tempted to try a CRF450 wheel with new bearings.

banana man am I lucky
I have 3 wheel sets for 2 bikes
plus an extra 19" front

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty The Wheels and The Forum

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:19 am

Your points are well taken.

Regarding the wheels. I don't think you are being clear as to what you are looking for-what is a winter set for? Winter tires? Street riding? Ice? Plus I think you should separate wheels from hubs. The stock wheels (rims) are best because they have the perfect balance of bending (absorbing/deforming) vs breaking (catastrophic failure). Most aftermarket rims are stronger (they break). You can use a variety of wheels (rims) but there are only a couple of hubs that fit. The other wheel sets that fit are more difficult to find for a few reasonschief among them is all the extra wheels out there for the XRR because of Motard conversions and all the desert race team's extras. There are usually at least one set for sale between the resources of AdvRider and eBay. There's a neat set of mag wheels on AdvRider now but they are bucks up.

Regarding the forum. There are four useful forums regarding the XRR. This one is the smallest but it is still useful and there's a great group of core guys here creating a personal atmosphere not really on the other forums. Plus Focker maintains a very friendly family style environment also not present on the other forums. If you are looking for fast feedback then you need the Yahoo group as your question is emailed out to 5,000 people every day. If you are looking for more Adventure type stuff (loading the bike up with stuff you don't need and kill the performance) then AdvRider has a page devoted to this bike. That page is very very very long and what little useful information there is on there is buried in a morass of useless babble. TT has a section devoted to this bike but the same section devoted to the XR600-a very different machine. TT is by far the largest dirt bike community-several times larger than ADVRider-but it is the most race oriented and desert oriented.
The only downside to this forum is it seems to be mainly guys in colder climes. TT is the opposite. So when you post a question here it kinda depends on the time of year. So Cal is just getting into the dirt bike season (The Baja 1000 was yesterday.) But most of the rest of the country has already ended their season. Not many So Cal guys on here in my experience except me. So I'm more active on here in winter as are a few other guys in AZ. Summer for us is all about the water.
Your question is best for Yahoo IMHO.

If you want I can help you get the wheels since you are out of the country. I've helped a few guys on here do that. Lately Marcin from Poland has been very active although the recent air shipment of bombs to Chicago has constipated the system and the international postal system no longer ships ground; it's all air now. Ask Marcin about it if you want.

Let me know...

Mauser wrote:Desperate to get my bike back to stock and need some off-road wheels do any other model fit the 650 ?, I know the front is the same as the XR250/400 but the rear has the larger spindle, how about other models ?.
Any advice appreciated as winter is getting closer and need some decent wheels fitting.

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty Those wheels I mentioned

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:42 am

I see Michaelangelo has them for sale on here too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:51 pm

I am sorted with a set of stock wheels now, this is what I needed for "winter" use, full knobblies etc.
Got a set of fleabay for £260 with decent tyres on, sold the SuperMoto set for £400.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty And a nice 140 delta!

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:11 pm

good work!

Mauser wrote:I am sorted with a set of stock wheels now, this is what I needed for "winter" use, full knobblies etc.
Got a set of fleabay for £260 with decent tyres on, sold the SuperMoto set for £400.

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty digging up the old stuff lol

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:24 am

Ok guys I know this has been a dead post years ago but it's exactly where I'm at right now. I've been hunting for wheels for my off-road tire/sand paddle and found a smoking deal for 04 CRF250. Same as CRF450 that should work right? I'm doing some homework before pulling the trigger on these but if you might know please chime in! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:54 am

Hi Ernie, I just sold a set of off road wheels. front was CRF and rear was R the front uses different discs to the R and won't fit easily onto the R...front spindle totally different size and no speedo drive....think rear is 25mm diameter and R is 22mm or was it 20mm BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:58 am

It is very quiet in here. I hit the "new posts since last visit" tab and it only pulls a couple of posts...

What happened, did everyone go and buy CRFs of something? lol

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty front xrr rim

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 am

hi all, the xrr has a unique fitment of the front wheel in that it is set up offset to one side( disc side), found out the hard way when i got a excell front rim fitted and noticed it was closer to the r/hand fork than the l/hand, rechecked it on the manual and it is to be trued up offset to get it to fit centrally in the forks

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:30 am

temporary kiwi wrote:hi all, the xrr has a unique fitment of the front wheel in that it is set up offset to one side( disc side), found out the hard way when i got a excell front rim fitted and noticed it was closer to the r/hand fork than the l/hand, rechecked it on the manual and it is to be trued up offset to get it to fit centrally in the forks

I disagree the front wheel is same used on the XR250R & XR400R, the rear is unique along with rear disc listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty sorry, im bad

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:03 am

hmm, your probably right mauser, what i meant was the setup of the rim- i.e the offset truing is odd generally, most dirtbike rims are centred to hub.
it would make sense honda used a wheel they already supplied for another bike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:12 am

Quick Google and got this

XR650 Wheel part no: 44650-MBN-670
XR400 Wheel part no: 44650-KCY-670

Looking at this website http://www.groupwracing.com/hondapartnumbers.html the MBN & KCY indicates which model Honda the part was first used on...XR650 & XR400, however reading the info on the link, I think it's saying that it's the first section that's critical so therefore wheels are the same.

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

XR650 wheels any others fit ?. Empty fr wheel,

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 pm

just checked both manuals, both have the rim trued offset 20.3mm, so should be interchangable

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 pm

temporary kiwi wrote:just checked both manuals, both have the rim trued offset 20.3mm, so should be interchangable
Did you check 250, 400 & 650 off-sets ?, would be good to know 100% BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next