Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clocks

Go down

Clocks Empty Clocks

Post  Mauser Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Anyone managed to dismantle a set of KPH clocks ?, I have a set for the BRP but there is moisture under the cover which I could do with removing to clean etc ?.
These clocks have a high beam and turn to the right of the speedo.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Clocks Empty Re: Clocks

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 am

you mean the original analoog xr tacho?

i did open it when i baught the bike to put the counter @ zero pirat

but 300 kilometers later i attached the new trailtech vapor and removed the original tacho.

good idea

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

rikco wrote:you mean the original analoog xr tacho?

i did open it when i baught the bike to put the counter @ zero pirat

but 300 kilometers later i attached the new trailtech vapor and removed the original tacho.

good idea

I believe it is the original clocks yes, they bolt straight onto the top yoke with the 2 small screws, the clocks are help onto the bracket with 2 doomed head nuts from underneath.
Just found this image mine are very similar to these but I would say slight more rectangular in shape.
Clocks Honda_XR650R_odometer-600x352
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 pm

i got one like this:

http://www.2dehands.be/motoren/accessoires-onderdelen/overig/honda-xr650-kilometriek-81277239.html?qq=honda+xr&start=21

the picture you posted is the usa model if im right.

today something weird happend to my trailtech vapor tacho, when i returnd to my motor the display was dead so i thaught the batt could be empty but when i started the bike the display powered back on but it had a reset i think cause now all is @ 0 again like a new vapor when you buy it.
maybe it had something to do with the x-flare that hit earth today? scratch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1357896/Sun-releases-X-flare-Powerful-explosion-damage-electrical-grids-Earth.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 pm

rikco wrote:i got one like this:

http://www.2dehands.be/motoren/accessoires-onderdelen/overig/honda-xr650-kilometriek-81277239.html?qq=honda+xr&start=21

the picture you posted is the usa model if im right.

today something weird happend to my trailtech vapor tacho, when i returnd to my motor the display was dead so i thaught the batt could be empty but when i started the bike the display powered back on but it had a reset i think cause now all is @ 0 again like a new vapor when you buy it.
maybe it had something to do with the x-flare that hit earth today? scratch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1357896/Sun-releases-X-flare-Powerful-explosion-damage-electrical-grids-Earth.html

Hey your spot on with your first link that is the same clocks as mine, did you manage to take it to pieces ?.
If so any info on how and how not to do it ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:42 pm

hmm dunno exactly anymore but i did it with only a screwdriver. clown

look at the back you can see 2 sides of plastic next to eachother, stick the screwdriver in the middle and lift it carefully.

i think that was all i did.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

rikco wrote:hmm dunno exactly anymore but i did it with only a screwdriver. clown

look at the back you can see 2 sides of plastic next to eachother, stick the screwdriver in the middle and lift it carefully.

i think that was all i did.

cheers

Ahh no worries I managed to work out to remove it today....heat gun to soften the plastic and then careful work my way around the edge, once it came away it was easy going. All cleaned out inside and back together, haven't sealed the back on yet as need to make sure it works Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

Maus,

Whilst you're at it you may want to check the lens2housing seal as well - if there was water/condensation inside (and you didn't drown the thing) this is the place where it most likely will enter.
Wash with water only (no distillates ya hear?), dry thoroughly, lube what moves (pref some silicon oil), then reassemble & put some grease in the seam so as to seal it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

BuRP wrote:Maus,

Whilst you're at it you may want to check the lens2housing seal as well - if there was water/condensation inside (and you didn't drown the thing) this is the place where it most likely will enter.
Wash with water only (no distillates ya hear?), dry thoroughly, lube what moves (pref some silicon oil), then reassemble & put some grease in the seam so as to seal it.
The lens looks well sealed I don't think this would ever come off ?, seems bonded into the housing. This is why I needed to get into the clocks from the back, once in I could clean the inside of the lens etc, popped the needle off and removed the clock face and cleaned the insides better, 1000% better than in was before so good job done.
Thanks for the info all the same, nice to see members helping out when they can.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down