Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from the Great White North

Go down

Hi from the Great White North Empty Hi from the Great White North

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 am

Hi to all. I'm Chris and I'm located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. I've got a plated 2000 XRR I picked up last year and loooove the big bottom end. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it newer. I'm doing it up in black plastic (so it'll match my '07 KLR).

Unfortunately we've still got a lot of snow here, so it'll be at least 3 weeks before the trails are clear enough to ride. Might be on the street next week though if things keep going the way they have been. It's barely above freezing here though, so it's sloooooooowly melting (painful) Frustrated

Look forward to gaining XRR knowledge through all you experts on this site. bow listen up

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Great White North Empty Re: Hi from the Great White North

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:39 pm

So Chris,

what's wrong with you then? Mount a drive-system a la skidoo-thingies, plus a swiveling snowboard up front, and off you'll rip!!!!! I actually saw a photo of this somewhere, forgot the link but remember it well because of the ingenuity involved, I believe it was a kit sold.
So, no need to have withdrawal symptoms, pour petrol in & off you ski Very Happy
With a bit of luck that should also work on water - so make sure you do post the link to the YouTube film please?
LOL, enjoy the bike, and, eh, umm, let us know when you'll put the KLR up for sale Wink

Last edited by BuRP on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fiksd de speling)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Ha! The ski thingee in the front is cheap, but it's the $2900 tread for the rear that sticks in my throat. Also, you have to keep in mind that most of the winter (though not right now - it's late enough in the spring) it's too cold to get an XRR started, and even if you did manage it it's too cold to have any fun riding it (unless you like being outdoors in -35 Celcius Santa ). Wind protection would be a must. Now we still have a lot of snow, but there are enough bare patches that a ski system might not be practical.

I think New Mexico might be a good place to move to. I could ride all year there! But there is some good riding to be had around here if you know where to look for it. rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Darn.......... I really was hoping for a YouTube-link in which an overly-eager Chris is seen drowning an XR at speed thats funny
If you price these kits then they must be fairly common - I was blissfully unaware of their existence, also of the minus-umphteen degrees you mention.... a no-go then. It will start though, pour in 5W40 or 0W30 synth and it'll go.
Mount heated grips & buy a plug-in suit? nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 am

Welcome! banana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down