Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new/help

Go down

new/help Empty new/help

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi new to this just bought and xr650r 2001 just getting it ready for land end trail friday night? but i am off to spain in june and i thougth i would put a battery and din plug on for the trip so i bought a stator and reg
from Electrex world/ g443 stator rr17 reg \ but i am not sure of the wiring has any one fitted one and could some one please tell or send me a wiring diagrame

Back to top Go down

new/help Empty Re: new/help

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 am

Welcome.

Look here for the technical information for your specific application:

http://www.bajadesigns.com/2009/tech/honda/

Back to top Go down

new/help Empty thanks

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 pm

thanks i will have a look
IAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Burt,

another thread to look at is http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421789
Yeah, a l-e-n-g-t-h-y read but it just about covers all you'll ever need, and certainly it contains that what you need now.
Big stators are very often used to provide both AC and DC to the bike, simultaneously I mean - and this may well cause problems if you don't keep the grounds separate.
But shout if you got hassles!

You'll also find that the Electrsport (got that one?) is not favoured by some present there, however this seems to pertain to 'older' one's only as mine is completely different (schematics-wise I mean, totally floating hence anything possible to do with it).

Back to top Go down

new/help Empty Electrosport

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 am

I've spoken with those guys a bit. I bought one of their stators from a guy who was practically giving it away. Supposedly it goes far higher in wattage than the BD one. The quality didn't seem as good as the BD perhaps because BD uses the Honda stator as a base.

There are several stator companies out there. BD is the most popular with Ricky Stator 2nd I think. Ricky died several years ago and if they ever had great quality they seem to suffer from a mediocre reputation now. But they are the low price leader.

There are a few websites that show you how to wind your own stator if you are mechanically inclined that way. From what I've listened to on the Yahoo group you need to get high quality wire and whatnot. But those sites may give you clues as to wiring yours.

I don't know anyone who uses the Electrex stator. Sorry.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum