Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This little piggy went Cough Cough Splutter...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This little piggy went Cough Cough Splutter... - Page 2 Empty Re: This little piggy went Cough Cough Splutter...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 am

Good luck sounds exactly the same as what my pig dose hope you come up with the answer defiantly keep my eyes on this thread.

Back to top Go down

This little piggy went Cough Cough Splutter... - Page 2 Empty Re: This little piggy went Cough Cough Splutter...

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:48 am

Slop in the cam chain affecting timing?
Swap your carb with for a mates carb?

If the idle is changing RPM, you might be running on more than just the idle circuit.

Last edited by AURORA on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am

Update , still waiting for the lad to come down here to swap the carbs , when he gets some spare time .
In the mean time i have been experimenting with the float level , strangely when adjusted to 16mm as per the honda service manual , the valve allowed no fuel tru , - carb dry , had to set it to 15mm to get the fuell flowing again , i think that the floating thingy need replacing too but i wait till i try different carb first before spending more money on it .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Update , still waiting for the lad to come down here to swap the carbs , when he gets some spare time .
In the mean time i have been experimenting with the float level , strangely when adjusted to 16mm as per the honda service manual , the valve allowed no fuel tru , - carb dry , had to set it to 15mm to get the fuell flowing again , i think that the floating thingy need replacing too but i wait till i try different carb first before spending more money on it .

The sides of the float valve do get worn down. Some people replace it once a year.

Just to confirm, when adjusting the float level we are talking the tang on the float just touches the plunger on the float needle enough to stop the low of fuel. The 16mm is not with the float needle valve plunger completely compressed.

Last edited by AURORA on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Has the side plane been opened up to allow greater airflow along with the back side of the airbox popped out?

Did you perform a cold compression test?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Update , the saga continues .
Well i have bought the mikuni pumper some time ago ( after i found new job ) and after long time finaly got the time to install and test it ,
Good news the problem is solved , i have what can only be described as perfect iddle , no hanging no changes in revs and no stalling , it just works simple as that .
Bonus the bike starts even easyer than before ( it was always a good starter but now its just effortless bow  )

The bike runs ok but not perfect ( the OEM carb pulls harder once out of the iddle zone ), some fine tweaking is required , but i am still suprised how close i got it at the first attempt . Pulled the choke , kicked and the engine started 2 thumbs 
, was expecting it to be much harder to get it started .
Happy days cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 pm

The accell-pump rod can be adjusted by dual limiters, min & max. It only shouls start to inject fuel after a rise of the slide ie at a small opening, and it should stop say 1/3 up (no need thereafter).
Do that and it'll be noticeably better than the std carb, and I hunch yours is set to squeeze too early now.

Goeff,
that hanging idle, of course it ca also be caused by too-tight throttle cables, or dry one's. Add some oil & play, check?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Burpie , have you missed the little detail that i have bought Geofs bike ?thats funny 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2