Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syphon Mod???

Go down

Syphon Mod??? Empty Syphon Mod???

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:13 pm

So my little piggy has a clarke 4.3gal tank and I'm getting tired of tipping it over to use the last gallon of fuel. I could have sworn that I read on here somewhere that there is a syphon mod you can do on these tanks. Its quite possible that I was hitting the crack pipe when I allegedly saw this but now my powers of searching are failing me. I just can't live with the fact that I have a 4.3gal tank and unless I tip it over I've only got 3.5 usable gallons Frustrated . It's not that I can't tip it over everytime it's that I'm really that lazy. Anyone else feel my pain or am I just beat head Ben

Back to top Go down

Syphon Mod??? Empty Re: Syphon Mod???

Post  Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:14 pm

benjamin1031 wrote:So my little piggy has a clarke 4.3gal tank and I'm getting tired of tipping it over to use the last gallon of fuel. I could have sworn that I read on here somewhere that there is a syphon mod you can do on these tanks. Its quite possible that I was hitting the crack pipe when I allegedly saw this but now my powers of searching are failing me. I just can't live with the fact that I have a 4.3gal tank and unless I tip it over I've only got 3.5 usable gallons Frustrated . It's not that I can't tip it over everytime it's that I'm really that lazy. Anyone else feel my pain or am I just beat head Ben

I feel your pain! Frustrated I ran out of fuel the other day and had to tip mine over. I tried being really careful in the process but broke my blinker anyway. A siphon system would be excellent. Even if its a cheap harbor freight pump siphon, I'll buy a bag to keep it on the bike so I never have to do it again.

Are there any other 4+ gallon tanks out there that have a cross over or second petcock? I'd sell my tank and buy one of them if they exist...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

I like the extra fuel there....if you run out on reserve you always have a bit left for emergency Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Here's an option, I found this in the search posts

Second fuel tap on clark tank
Pikkos on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:08 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Excellent Chris!!! Not what I thought I saw but a great idea none the less. The wheels of ingenuity are turning. If I get ballsy enough to drill a hole in my tank after I've come up with something I will keep you guys posted. BTW it's nice to see another fellow new mexican in the group!! (Farmington born and raised now in Grand Junction, Co)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 am

Im a trans plant, From Socal. But if you get down this way, Hit me up! Ill ride! rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum