Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy

Go down

New guy Empty New guy

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 am

Just bought my BRP this morning, always loved the bike. My dad has a 2001 650r that he got plated in california back in like 02 before they stopped letting people plate their bikes. Someone he knows mentioned he was considering selling his bike so my dad called me up and asked what I thought about flipping it, I said "hell no, I want it!" and bought it. It's a 2000 650r, california plated, has an edelbrock carb on it, stage 2 cam, clark 4.3 gal tank, gpr stabilizer, baja dual sport kit (with rewound stator) and a few other small goodies on it that are eluding me right now but I'm very excited considering I picked it up really cheap. I was riding a drz400s and I liked that bike but was always envious of my dad's brp, I would have bought a 650r to begin with but they don't come up as often as the 400s' and if they do they're rarely plated or if they are they want more money than the 400s'. I plan on keeping the 400s as an extra bike, but the 650 will be my main bike. I do more dirt riding than street. I'm planning on going on a ride in June across Utah (like 1200 miles or something) all dirt (except to get gas and when we're close to the hotels we'll be staying in. I'd like to camp off the bike but we're going with a group and they'd all rather stay in hotels than camp off the bikes. Long story short, very happy to have a 650r and looking forward to riding it! Also, I have a thread open in the electrical questions subforum about my stator issue, so if you know that stuff well please help me out.

-Robby

Back to top Go down

New guy Empty Re: New guy

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy!!! rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Welcome! cheers

Back to top Go down