Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby!

Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 am

Ok i know we have all heard about the low mile grandma car in the garage that some lucky bastard found. Well I like to belive i found this of the XR650R that i have been so longining to have. Now as far as i know the speedo says 643 miles. Yeah right Huh! Stock tires,brakes,chain,and such. Baja kit installed and street legal. Plannin on 17's front and back,full pipe,and rejet. For now anywho........Any sugestions on tha pipe?

Back to top Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty Re: Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey, welcome! Now where's the photo's? razz

Back to top Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty Re: Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby!

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 pm

XRs Only exhaust system or Rob Barnum System.

Are you going to build the motor?

Big Gun systems have a very low power band?

The stock system, opened up, is pretty good for torque.

Back to top Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty not gonna rebuild a low mile bike...????

Post  Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:46 am

naaaa just want to put some wheels and a pipe on tha pig and then ride the wheels off of her......any questions?????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:07 am

Open up the side panel. XRs Only full exhaust or Race exhaust if your going to build the motor.

When you install the exhaust system, do not attach the system on the lower part of the sub frame by the rear brake line. This prevents the can pipe from cracking.

Where are the pictures? WTFO?

Was in OKC on Saturday, what's up with Academy not having any .22 LR or 9mm Luger ammo?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 am

AURORA wrote:
When you install the exhaust system, do not attach the system on the lower part of the sub frame by the rear brake line. This prevents the can pipe from cracking.

Actually Aurora, that's the first time I hear someone say that - and I also disagree wholeheartedly!
The RH subframe is substantially different & less strong than the LH side (which 'envelopes' the airbox).
The bolted-in-2-places silencer reinforces this RH side quite a bit, so definitively properly bolt it down on the 2 bolts.
Also, the headers are normally an assembly of parts which slide into each other, so there is flex enough here to allow for heat-expansion.

Something completely different, where is your hilarious avatar you used to have? I loved that chick, gave a new meaning to 'sexy' Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! 34343388 so by all means find something again to replace that dull grey thing of today pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:33 pm

If the can and pipe are rigidly attach to a flexing subframe it will put vertical and lateral stresses at a point in front of the forward attachment point. The weakest point which on my XRs Only exhaust is where the mid pipe is clamped to the can pipe.

Some exhaust systems do not have enough give and crack the pipe in front of the can.

Back to top Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty stock exhaust

Post  Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 am

the std exhaust is there to restrict the mtr, the std ex ports are 29mm ID, the std header pipes reduce to around 22mm ID, they are made to suit the smog restricted California state model, the only aftermarket exhaust system ive seen that looks half way acceptable is the' big gun' brand, i make extractor exhaust systems for m/c's, even on a single cyl exhaust with twin pipes, the header portions should be near equal length,[ but not exactly]when running hugely unequal length headers, it will create a large swirl on one side of combustion chamber, thereby limiting the amount of flow thru the mtr, [usually fine on a std eng] just makes me cringe when i see so called performance exhausts with them

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 am

temporary kiwi wrote:the std exhaust is there to restrict the mtr, the std ex ports are 29mm ID, the std header pipes reduce to around 22mm ID, they are made to suit the smog restricted California state model, the only aftermarket exhaust system ive seen that looks half way acceptable is the' big gun' brand, i make extractor exhaust systems for m/c's, even on a single cyl exhaust with twin pipes, the header portions should be near equal length,[ but not exactly]when running hugely unequal length headers, it will create a large swirl on one side of combustion chamber, thereby limiting the amount of flow thru the mtr, [usually fine on a std eng] just makes me cringe when i see so called performance exhausts with them

I didn't know the standard pipes from a Californian State piggy were restricted ?, only restrictions I knew about were on the exhaust tip....which is necked down to about 20mm.
You sure about this...?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Greatins and Hellacious! Just got my new baby! Empty std headers

Post  Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:34 am

100%, just have a look at your exhaust if you have the std item, the part that comes out of the exhaust port is a very tight cast bend, it then steps down into the header pipe, has the same setup on all std exhausts, even in euro & aussie models

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 pm

temporary kiwi wrote:100%, just have a look at your exhaust if you have the std item, the part that comes out of the exhaust port is a very tight cast bend, it then steps down into the header pipe, has the same setup on all std exhausts, even in euro & aussie models

Ahhh I get you but the way your post read was that the Californian headers were restricted down for emmisons...and the rest of the world was stock as designed.
I like my stock set-up it suits my slow riding lol.....Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down