Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.0 exp Rekluse clutch

Go down

2.0 exp Rekluse clutch Empty 2.0 exp Rekluse clutch

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum but life time XR fanatic. Has anyone out there tried the 2.0 exp rekluse clutch on their BRP? I live in the high desert in Utah, lots of rocks, mountains and desert to play in and was just wondering if anyone has this set up on their baby.

Thanks for your time.

Back to top Go down

2.0 exp Rekluse clutch Empty Re: 2.0 exp Rekluse clutch

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Yo Scottie, Welcome here.
Hearsay only: yip, some dudes did, and also they're happy with it, won't look back. I've never ridden with a rekluse so am not a fan of it, but maybe I should just ride one and see if I like it.

Back to top Go down

2.0 exp Rekluse clutch Empty Rekluse clutch

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 pm

I really appreciate the feed back on the clutch. Be safe and tear it up! 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Some love them some hate them , i dont know as i have never tryed it but i would like to try it , kinda like the idea of pulling away in second gear and save the damage to my hand from constant clutching .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 am

I've got one but it takes getting use too. I'm afraid I'm going to grab a handful of brake because now the rear brake is where the clutch use to be, also have to be careful to make sure you are in N when you start it. I can see it will be great on the trails in tight area's and on the hills where you won't stall out. There are pro's & cons to it. So far I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am

bobwire wrote:I've got one but it takes getting use too. I'm afraid I'm going to grab a handful of brake because now the rear brake is where the clutch use to be, also have to be careful to make sure you are in N when you start it. I can see it will be great on the trails in tight area's and on the hills where you won't stall out. There are pro's & cons to it. So far I like it.

Why is the rear brake where the clutch used to be ?....I wouldn't mind trying it out and see how good it is, they do pop up on fleabay every now and again but not seen 1 this side of the pond for some time.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:54 am

With the clutch gone now you have a spare lever, make it a brake. You can only use the brake pedal or the brake handle but not both at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Actually the EXP is meant to be used with the clutch lever, as are most of the current Rekluse auto clutches. I run the older Z-start without the lever, but the EXP doesn't work very well that way. I do love the Rekluse clutches. I ran one in my CRF450R for 9 years with no troubles, even racing Supermoto. I also run the hand brakes, which take a little more getting used to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down