Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking in

Go down

Checking in Empty Checking in

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to getting to know some folks in this forum and would greatly appreciate your advice and experience.
I'm a new owner to a '01 BRP with likely less than 1K on it. This well equipped (and $$ to me) bike I hope will continue to keep a grin on my face. But, I'm attempting to make it a street-legal and I'm currently stuck with a box full of wires and few lighting parts from ProCycle. I've got zero experience with this type of add-on. So, I hope the directions are thorough and complete.
Also, is there suppose to be a fairly noisy sound coming from the stater hub area (just in front of the front sprocket)?
Cheers, Mike
ps - I think a uploaded a pic. not sure if it worked

Back to top Go down

Checking in Empty Re: Checking in

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:06 am

Welcome Sinbad....not sure about your noise but here's a video of my baby....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUgWKPRlJBQ
Get some piccies up listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Checking in Empty noob reply

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks much for the welcome and sound check. I guess that is the correct sound emanating from that location. It just seems quite noisy from rider position. I believe I probably need to clean and re-grease the chain too. A complimenting noise from front sprocket takes the volume up too.
I'm taking it to local Honda shop this morning to see if they find anything wrong. It's been 35yrs since my mx racing and wrenching days.
Mauser, you seem really knowledgeable with the BRP, do you own/run that xr650r shop? Also, I usually get to UK once or twice a year for the Goodwood Revival and Silverstone Classic. Do you attend those events?
(I tried hosting another pic - that's a crazy system)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Sinbad wrote:Thanks much for the welcome and sound check.  I guess that is the correct sound emanating from that location.  It just seems quite noisy from rider position.  I believe I probably need to clean and re-grease the chain too.  A complimenting noise from front sprocket takes the volume up too.
I'm taking it to local Honda shop this morning to see if they find anything wrong.  It's been 35yrs since my mx racing and wrenching days.
Mauser, you seem really knowledgeable with the BRP, do you own/run that xr650r shop?  Also, I usually get to UK once or twice a year for the Goodwood Revival and Silverstone Classic.  Do you attend those events?
(I tried hosting another pic - that's a crazy system)

I run the website but it's Paul who owns the stuff...number on website is his along with emails sent to the site go to his inbox....Smile
I am trying to add as much service stuff as possible as I come across it, the more the better for everyone.

I know about as much as anyone does on here....not a lot lol I tend to find as soon as you start messing with certain parts of the bike you soon pickup the information you need if that makes sense.

Not the busiest forum in the world but just doing piggies makes it a good source for help....ADVRider is a terrible forum, I cannot understand why they have such large single posts as it's too time consuming trying to find the stuff you want.

Sorry I don't attend any rallies in the UK
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh yes great! I inquired to Sharon last week about a black seat cover and road runner graphics for my acerbis tank. Cool stuff! I really appreciate your specialization, knowledge and experience with the BRP. And, hope to shop from you guys a bunch in the future too. Yes, advrider is crazy big. But, I did already find couple of really close members offering to show me some riding spots. So, that's good. Okay, so how do I post a pic? (step-by-step for us IT challenged :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 pm

You need to find somewhere to host the pictures.....loads on internet sites out there I host my own....
Anyway once you have uploaded a pciture then you need to copy the url or address to it and paste it in here.....
will look like this....
"http://www.mortal-souls.com/mauser/xr650/DSC02024.JPG" but without the speach marks....
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Seriously? Geezz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Sinbad wrote:Seriously?  Geezz
Honestly its not difficult, just google it if your struggling ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down