Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Still Got There Bike ?

Go down

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? Empty Anyone Still Got There Bike ?

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 pm

You guys are very quiet.....have you all sold them and running about on KTM's ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? Empty Re: Anyone Still Got There Bike ?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Mauser wrote:You guys are very quiet.....have you all sold them and running about on KTM's ?
Swapping dual sport wiring harnesses on my son's bike this weekend. Necessary before we ride again. On-call weekend too so staying close to home.

Should be riding next weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 pm

busy installing the big bad boy IMS tank Bananatool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Been using mine whenever i can, as long as it's dry I'm using her Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:44 pm

I am starting to assemble so been busy getting my stuff together

Forks and shock will be assembled this weekend.
Anodizing removed from wheels, will sand out and nicks and scratches and am having them done half white and half red - Can't get 2 colour anodizing in this country so going to try Gun Kote. Wheels will be built the following week with new spokes.
Frame will come back next week and I can start assembling.
Hopefully crank will be done next week with Falicon rod kit. Crank is apart but need to put pressure on the machine shop guy to assemble.

Forks, shock, frame, subframe and swingarm resprayed "Course Aluminium" (metallic silver).
All nuts and bolts zinc plated.
OEM Honda parts and XRsOnly parts sitting on my shelf waiting to be fitted - TM40 carb - Wossner 11:1 piston and of course the mystery surprise HRC cam I found in my motor.

Brand new ydraulic MX stand waiting in garage to be used - weight limit is 135kg - Probably pushing the limit with a BRP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Still have two XRRs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Still building mine...

But in mean time have bought two others for mates, and they've been fully prepared for Morocco in three weeks time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:38 pm

getting mine ready for a ride this weekend, just put it back to 15/48 gearing. I've been toying with the idea of taking my bike to a shop and having them fix my electrical though, they guy I bought it from had a bunch of things unplugged and so when I bought it the head light wouldn't even go on (I got it for such a steal though so I wasn't worried even if I had to buy a brand new kit) I got it all working but not properly. I think it has to do with the rectifier because the light dims when idle and goes brighter at higher RPMs, I replaced the rectifier and thought I had it going fine constantly putting out 12v but I'm assuming not. It's also a giant mess back there with SO many wires and crap, plus I have a front mounted stabilizer on it which ripped wires out a few rides back (so fix this I just put in a long bolt through the light mounting bracket to keep all the wires forward, I've been thinking of making a little dash board with a USB (mainly to keep my gopro remote charged), the 12v plug that was already installed on the bike, perhaps move my trailtech vapor off the handle bars and mainly to hide all of the wires. Anyone have any clue what a shop might charge to fix my electrical issue?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:17 pm

To be honest....

Do it yourself beat head 

I hate electrics, but if there is one bike to learn off is the BRP, even if it has been hacked around...

Buy a good multimeter, then watch about 2 hours of youtube videos to learn how to use it. Go slow, strip it all, then put it back better Smile

I still hate electrics, but have done this. It was not too bad, especially when I realised that everything done before me was incorrect!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 pm

bigkuri wrote:To be honest....

Do it yourself beat head 

I hate electrics, but if there is one bike to learn off is the BRP, even if it has been hacked around...

Buy a good multimeter, then watch about 2 hours of youtube videos to learn how to use it. Go slow, strip it all, then put it back better Smile

I still hate electrics, but have done this. It was not too bad, especially when I realised that everything done before me was incorrect!
Buy some spiral cable wrap....
Anyone Still Got There Bike ? SPIRAL%20WRAP
That way adding extra wires is painless and you can soon undo to make changes listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? Empty getting ready for sth isld trip

Post  Guest Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 am

just completed topend teardown to inspect run in, reinstalled forks from revalve, manufactured a new pack rack, now going thru the twin output stator wiring to run ac + dc systems, then finally be able to get jetting sorted for the new fcr43.5mm carb... always seem to have another idea to try, ah well back to work

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Still got mine kinda

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? 6711DD2C-2FDE-4680-9E02-EE283580CBC3

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? 2432E83F-670B-4E30-B82A-13941DDEEA51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:39 pm

I still have mine, just haven't ridden it in 6 months or so. Since I high sided my other Supermoto at a track day and broke my upper arm. It failed to heal in the external brace they like to use, so they finally put a Ti plate and screws in 2 weeks ago. Feels almost normal again, but I am very weak. Hopefully I'll be able to start working out seriously soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Get better soon Pete .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:19 am

PeteN95 wrote:I still have mine, just haven't ridden it in 6 months or so.  Since I high sided my other Supermoto at a track day and broke my upper arm.  It failed to heal in the external brace they like to use, so they finally put a Ti plate and screws in 2 weeks ago.   Feels almost normal again, but I am very weak.  Hopefully I'll be able to start working out seriously soon!
Wow:( 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks, guys, I am feeling better and better every day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 am

Too cold to ride right now...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:13 am

AtomicXRer wrote:Too cold to ride right now...
' here in the great white north we had minus 40 celius this morning, bike been parked for the last three weeks . Can't wait till spring found a 4.3 gallon fuel tank today on ebay which will help for my lenght of riding.
mike
Anyone Still Got There Bike ? Greatwhitenorth014_zps05971506
as one can see the snow here is now too stay

Back to top Go down

Anyone Still Got There Bike ? Empty return from south island ride maintinance

Post  Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:32 am

had problems with my rear wheel eating spokes [11 on the trip]so bought a excel replacement and fitted it up, then i tracked down my coolant leak to a leaking w/pump, found out honda sell a rebuild kit[seals] pressed it apart & found one bearing a bit noisy as well, so installed two new ones, carried out a service as it had done 3000k on that oil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down