Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Dublin

Go down

Hello from Dublin Empty Hello from Dublin

Post  Guest Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Well lads.

The names Eric. I'm from Dublin Ireland. I currently have an africa twin XRV 750 RD04 1990 in black, and a KTM 950 adventure S 2004 GO!!!!!!!!.

I'm starting the search for my next bike and have ruled out smaller KTM's as I had a 640 and the main bearing failed so not trusting that again. I've settle on either an XR650R or an XR650L what ever I can find in the best nick for my funds although I am playing with the idea of selling the AT and getting a newer model XR650R to play on.

Anyway I'm here to gain first and foremost the info I need to know what to look for and then to share my experiences once I become an owner.

Eric.

Back to top Go down

Hello from Dublin Empty Re: Hello from Dublin

Post  Mauser Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Eric,
Don't worry about the year model 650R's....they are virtually all the same apart from a decals and a clutch bush on the early models and I think output shaft seal...that's it over the life of the 650R....not bad BRP smile
If your after a 650R just keep looking they do pop up more than you think and even decent condtion models are still out there....in stock form the spokes are generally rusty as Honda's plating is thinner than air !!!
Bomb proof engine but they can and do throw chains so watch out for left case damage, you cannot get these new from Honda !!! + they are like £500 plus to buy.
Welcome to the forums by the way.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I've seen two now since posting but one was not registered for the road, need original wheels and a few other bits. He was looking for way to much for it concidering. The other was clearer but was for years older and €1000 more in cost so forget that. I'll just save and go swimming to England when I have the money I need to get a minter over there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:27 am

Welcome!

XR650R all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

welcome banana 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content