Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New from Hampshire UK

Go down

New from Hampshire UK Empty New from Hampshire UK

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi everyone!

After selling my trusty ZX7R at the beginning of the summer I've been toying with the idea of getting a XR to get some two wheel fun under the speed limit. After 12yrs of the 7R it was just becoming too tedious for me having to travel everywhere at warp speed just to get a grin on my face.

I've been keeping an eye out all summer and finally found exactly what I was looking for. 2002 BRP, 6000miles, 24L Acerbis tank, gel seat, screen extender, key'd ignition, 12v output, giant loop luggage, FMF Q4 tail pipe and FMF headers, plus a box full of spares and all the original parts.
The carburetion needs sorting out as its difficult to start and idle is all over the place. (The pilot screw was only 1/2 a turn out), but I'm looking forward to getting the spanners out again.

I've ridden it home and a few miles locally and it's an absolute blast. Such a lot of fun and all at under 50mph!
I live close to Salisbury Plain so a bit of tank dodging on the tracks is on the cards, and I quite fancy some overlanding to Morrocco.

Back to top Go down

New from Hampshire UK Empty Re: New from Hampshire UK

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:28 pm

welcome to the site l resently joined and have had many questions answered for my xr
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Welcome, you should have loads of fun where you are....there's not much around the Midlands so I stick to the back lanes 20mph tops and enjoy the slow pace...my ZX12-R is tucked away SORN till spring lol....don't miss here when I have the Piggy to ride.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 pm

we had a lot of snow lately and l parked my xr but most of the snow has diappeared with milder temps today plus 7 celcuis and tomorrow plus 10 so the xr may come out for a spin with proper winter wear ??!!
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am

Welcome BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 am

Welcome.

Probably need a new float valve in the carb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down