Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to get for my dad's xr for xmas?

Go down

What to get for my dad's xr for xmas? Empty What to get for my dad's xr for xmas?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Christmas is coming up and I'd like to get my dad something for his r, I already bought him some stuff but my mom and sister would be willing to go in on a gift for him and I've been trying to think. He has an 01 650r, street legal but no dual sport kit and stock EVERYTHING, including that embarrassing headlight, low wattage stator, and suspension. I know he'd like a brighter head light and blinkers (he's always saying he would even just but on some dummy blinkers just so he can ride on the roads without getting harassed by the cops). He put on a brake switch so he has a brake light so I don't really want to buy a full dual sport kit because that would be money wasted on a brake light. If we did decide to go in on a dual sport kit, we'd have to go with pro-cycle instead of BD just due to price but then we'd have to get a rewound stator (unless we decided to take on that daunting task on our own, which I suppose we could), we went to a honda shop a few weeks ago and he got quoted a price on suspension which I know he would love to have done (or rather do himself because he doesn't want to pay someone else to do it), but that's pricey too and I don't know how he wants it set up, so I'm thinking of the DS kit but is there a cheaper alternative? I need just about everything other than the brake light/switch, and assuming we rewound the stator ourselves, what would it cost for this alternative kit?

Back to top Go down

What to get for my dad's xr for xmas? Empty Re: What to get for my dad's xr for xmas?

Post  Mauser Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:16 pm

What you need is sitting in my loft....UK spec headlight, wiring loom, indicators, rectifier, switchgear & stator  Bump  You could probably get all the parts second hand cheaper than a BD kit and it only takes 30 mins to take old loom / stator off and drop new loom in its place, then just plug in your accessories and your sorted.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

What to get for my dad's xr for xmas? Empty Re: What to get for my dad's xr for xmas?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 pm

willing to part with those things?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:23 pm

RobbySkateboard wrote:willing to part with those things?
Sorry no they are there "if" I ever need to convert my baby into UK spec, funny your over there wanting UK spec wiring and I'm over here trying to keep my baby US spec; I just love the basic bike without any legal devices fitted lol.

Check out your local dealer you guys seem to get dirt cheap prices so might be worth buying new ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down