Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuck from SE Missouri

Go down

Chuck from SE Missouri Empty Chuck from SE Missouri

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:52 am

Hello I'm Chuck, I'm currently an XR650R owner. I am from Missouri I'm basically here to find out what products you guys use that I might end up using. I like to ride gravel roads, maybe light trails. I'm not a mechanic, I'm a rider. I know just enough mechanic stuff to change a tire, or tighten up loose nuts. I'm also good at bolting on aftermarket stuff. I bought a Honda so I could ride and not work on it. I understand basic maintenance. I'm not a writer either. I'm more into pictures (show me), not into a whole bunch of verbiage. So far I've ordered a man rack, a trail tech (I hear now it's junk), live and learn. I've also ordered a HDB bar mount and a couple of switches for the bigger stator I ordered off ebay. Like to camp, like stickers, and riding. I'm also a member of Adventure Rider. Thanks for letting me on board. Also, I'm kinda a soloist, like riding with a friend, but not a large group. Not saying I don't like to see the pics of the ride. That's about it. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Chuck from SE Missouri Empty Re: Chuck from SE Missouri

Post  Mauser Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Welcome Chuck.... Very Happy 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Yo Chuck,

you're a better man than me! I never introduced myself here, just barged in, bumped a few and hammered on some toes.... which worked too  BRP smile 
Enjoy this bike, it's a cracker  Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Welcome  nice 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:24 pm

welcome , read the post some great info to help keep your and my bike together , much tips which l will also apply to my rider
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

general tips for the xr 650 r , which l'll apply
mike
http://www.xr650r.us/issues/

Back to top Go down

Chuck from SE Missouri Empty Thanks for the Welcome

Post  Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks, and hope to see some of you on your BRP, I've spent the day urbanizing mine.  Put a rack, a top case from jc whitney, a sheepskin seat cover, I'm making it my geezer mobile.  Chuck from SE Missouri 6avu8u7a  I figure the more urban it is the less someone will want to steal it.  Thanks for the welcome. This bike came from Oregon, I guess a soldier at Ft Ord moved to Ft Jackson, sold to a guy that buys and sells bikes, I found it on CL. I Facebook messaged the soldier and asked him a couple questions about the bike, but he never returned the message. Asked him if he upgraded the stator, and what other mods he may have done. Anyone know the bike from Ft Ord? thanks Chuck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 am

Welcome! And for what I can see of the bike under the sheep - it looks mint Smile

Back to top Go down

Chuck from SE Missouri Empty do your butt a favour

Post  Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 pm

get the seat modded or it will kill your desire to ride long distance, i can do 600k days now, prior it was killing me after 100k, i also have a sheepskin for the long boring bits in between the fun parts, it just hooks over the end with two protrusions at front i shove under the seat, takes about 1min to put on, , i have posts on what to do

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down