Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone!

Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi I'm Paul. I've got a 2002 XR 650r2. I brought it new in the crate as a grey Import at the end of February 2004. I had a rocky start with the bike my first day consisted of a large bruise to my calf a brief chat with the local constabulary and having to replace a small picket fence at my parents house.

I've tinkered with the bike a little in the last few years it's had the crank and balancer,  balanced. A wiseco 102mm high compression piston, barrel was bored to take the piston and carbon ceramic coated and a blade profile con rod at the same time. The difference that lot made was quite noticeable not only to how it pulled but it revs considerably smoother to.

That was all done around 5 years ago and that's as far as the tuning went. Then it was stored in various garages for a couple of years. Its running the largest main jet I could get for the oem carb at the time and as a result has always run a little lean. First on the list will be a carb as soon as I can find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Hello Everyone! <a href=Hello Everyone! 172246_148154561907803_6831475_o" />

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  Mauser Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:59 am

Welcome have you tried evilbay for your carb ?, they do pop up every now and again and last 1 went for a song £65.....try Paul over at our website www.xr650r.co.uk he might have 1 knocking about.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:13 am

You probably want a Mikuni TM40 pumper carb, a drop-in replacement thing.
XRsOnly has it, go look. It will come wrongly jetted (they always do) but jets are easy to come by, and no rocket science to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum