Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xr400 cdi fitted to xr650r

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

xr400 cdi fitted to xr650r - Page 2 Empty Re: xr400 cdi fitted to xr650r

Post  Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:18 pm

So are we still waiting for the postman or what ?  Bananatool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:So are we still waiting for the postman or what ?  Bananatool 

Still waiting..... Frustrated 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 am

You guys in the first world are spoilt... order one day, get delivered the next one!
21 days Gentlemen, that's what it takes for a parcel to arrive from 'overseas' (= US, UK, Timbuktu, Mars & other galaxies).
The parcel will actually arrive only a few days later, but it will lie at the Customs Dept at the airport where it might even develop roots... or will get 'lost', not that uncommon either.
So, consider yourselves flippin lucky with only 'days' and not weeks - or infinitum  mad as heck 

Oh, yip, yes, affirmative, I'm jealous  BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 pm

It arrived today...just after I got back from an hours ride down the lanes....that was good timing anyway I dropped it in and went for another ride...15 mins...
Started first time and rides spot on, nothing different there from stock, but I must confess the bikes does seem a bit (5%~8%) more responsive when accelerating through the gears than before....still doesn't lift the front end in all gears like all other bikes seem to do...o looks like me and Frosties have duff motors fitted Frustrated
Cannot think of anything else to report Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah mine is deffo broken , just dont know what is the problem as everything is in spec , even done some upgrades and still no wheelies without using clutch or tugging it by hand
,.... just friday afternoon bike i guess  dead horse 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 pm

BuRP wrote:You guys in the first world are spoilt... order one day, get delivered the next one!
21 days Gentlemen, that's what it takes for a parcel to arrive from 'overseas' (= US, UK, Timbuktu, Mars & other galaxies).
The parcel will actually arrive only a few days later, but it will lie at the Customs Dept at the airport where it might even develop roots... or will get 'lost', not that uncommon either.
So, consider yourselves flippin lucky with only 'days' and not weeks - or infinitum  mad as heck 

Oh, yip, yes, affirmative, I'm jealous  BRP smile 

Have you got the parcels insured , so you will get replacement if it was " lost " ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:still no wheelies  without using clutch or tugging it by hand

Have you had your suspension freshened up lately? Eddy and I just had the shocks and forks rebuilt on the 650's and that made a HUGE difference for getting the front off the ground for us.

Our shocks were pretty bad though. Eddy's was the worst for sure. Old nasty stinky oil, super low nitrogen and aged seals. Just a rebuild will help but springing for the right weight will make a noticeable difference to how light the front end feels.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes i have the suspension serviced and resprung , the bike feels like it lost 40kg in weight its strange how much difference the suspension make , btw the man was asking me what type of oil was used in the suspension and it was the worse gunky and smelly stuff he had seen , so i told him its called the whale snot , exclusively from honda  BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:btw the man was asking me what type of oil was used in the suspension and it was the worse gunky and smelly stuff he had  seen , so i told him its called the whale snot , exclusively from honda  BRP smile 

LOL! Whale snot! It's perfect. That stuff is NASTY!  2 thumbs 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 pm

My bike pulls fine she don't miss a beat and on dirty back roads will spin the rear in all gears but she would never be close to raising her breasts in the air on tarmac in any gear I am sure she is running fine valves were spot on etc....not much else could cause low power unless the rings are worn ?....suppose a compression test would be a good starting point ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Mauser i was paranoid about this before as i thought there is something wrong with my bike , then i had the chance to ride another XRR , the owner claimed all the usual - power wheelies , women fainting on the streets when he rides the bike , little green man landing in his backyard ,.... well i tested it and guess what  BRP smile  , loads of BS i whacked the throttle fully open expecting the fireworks ready to press the rear brake , nothing the bike pulled hard but not hard enough to lift the front wheel ( he suddenly claimed that the air filter needs cleaning  StirPot  )
I rest my case .

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Mauser i was paranoid  about this before  as i thought there is something wrong with my bike , then i had the chance to ride   another XRR , the owner claimed all the usual - power wheelies , women fainting on the streets when he rides the bike , little green man landing in his backyard ,.... well  i tested it and guess what   BRP smile   , loads of BS  i whacked the  throttle fully open expecting the fireworks  ready to press the rear brake  , nothing  the bike pulled hard but not hard enough to lift the front wheel  ( he suddenly claimed that the air filter needs cleaning  StirPot  )
I rest my case .

I will sleep easy tonight Fruity...cheers m8
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2