Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newby

Go down

newby Empty newby

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi,new to site im looking to buy a 650r supermoto but what is a good price there seems to be wide variations.Is there any year models with problems,Is mileage a problem or the way its looked after better,as im confused as to buy the best std one and convert it or buy one done with the parts attached. Is starting ok once you have the knack opinions seem divided sorry for all questions any help or advice appreciated
cheers locky.

Back to top Go down

newby Empty Re: newby

Post  Mauser Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:54 pm

I would consider what funds you have, a tidy stock bike can fetch as much a un-tidy Moto bike; you might struggle to find a decent stock bike for less than £2500 as prices seem to be on the up....
I posted this link the other day...have a look there are not many available...
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=xr650r
Starting is easy don't be put off as long as your not a real short arse you will be fine...
If you buy a stock bike the standard parts to swap are really the wheels...decent set of off-roaders are worth £300 but you will need another £100 on top for a decent set of road wheels..second hand of course...watch out for rusty nipples on any Moto wheels as they rust from day 1 and you won't find many without rust !!!
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Good ones start from 3500 , and well cared for bike with higher miles can be better than low mileage bike that has been abused and neglected . ( my bike had a bad life with only 4k miles )

Back to top Go down

newby Empty newby

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks for the replies guys think il look for the best example ican find and maybe pay a bit more
cheers again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum