Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICO Magnet mounting

Go down

ICO Magnet mounting Empty ICO Magnet mounting

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Anyone mount an ICO speedo, the speedo looks like good quality but they expect me to mount the magnet onto the brake disk with puddy? I cannot see this lasting given the riding I do so I am looking for anyone who has come up with an alternative. My plan so far is to imbed the magnet into the disk via a bit of machining. Before going this route I thought I would check to see if anyone else came up with something different, thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

ICO Magnet mounting Empty Re: ICO Magnet mounting

Post  Focker Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 pm

What type of puddy...Does it harden like JB Weld? Machining might turn out to be sweet...Keep us posted!
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Will do, it will be done in a week as I am off to the Sandblast Rally in SC in 2 weeks. Just putting a few finishing touches on the bike, hard to do though as its -20 Celsius outside and I don't have a heated work space and my wife is a clean freak so I am sneaking the bike into the house when she is out. I think she is on to me though as she keeps raising an eyebrow and complaining of gas/oil smells Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:00 am

When I raced enduros and had an ICO, I drilled a hole for the magnet in the disc and used epoxy from the inside of the disc to hold it in place. Last for years. Just make sure you have the right clearances.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Mounted on back of fork
ICO Magnet mounting 1938383_m

I used a KTM magnet and drilled a hole in the disc, used a circlip to hold it in place, all sounds good, got down to to rally in SC last week and it doesnt work, not sure yet but I think the sensor is messed up.

Didnt represent the xr to well at Sandblast, came dead last, ah well, finished. A couple of hard falls combined with my first time riding in deep sand (no sand where I am from), great learning experience though.
ICO Magnet mounting 1955038_m

ICO Magnet mounting 1955041_m

ICO Magnet mounting 1955044_m

ICO Magnet mounting 1955190_m

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down