Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dot headlight quandry

Go down

dot headlight quandry Empty dot headlight quandry

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

location:kalifornia my '01 has the bd stator, I set up headlight on ac 125 watt leg, installed the 100/90 halogen in the bd h-light/plate and don't really see any improvement, im not much for riding in darkness, but occasionally get caught out late, im just looking to have something worthy when necessary, looking to stay dot legit. the lower bd headlight location gives lots of light to the fender, beaming a nice shadow in the close viewing area, has anyone had better success with other bulb elements, or bigger dot housing?

Back to top Go down

dot headlight quandry Empty Re: dot headlight quandry

Post  Mauser Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:36 pm

How about saying hello first listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:11 pm

That's probably about as good as your going to get out of the Baja Design light housing. Its more of a "meet the DOT requirements" than a great light. A friend is running the trail tech twin bulb light assembly and its a little better. Another option would be to add a set of Cree 2" led lights but you would need a DC electrical system to feed them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:20 pm

hello first, now sorry second, I was hoping for possibly another alternative. ive got a dc leg covering just tail and signal lites, gps. im thinking for off road, using the bd squadron, removable. I do some organized dualsport rides, and seems like those are when I get pulled over for some lighting issue. usually tail, but 3 times for signal, then once the moto officer stopped next to me in a crosswalk, in looking, nobody using it, turned his head my way waving me off the street, had no reason for completely checking me out. he didn't like the little bd headlight bulb/run light, pretty sure he didn't like anything on that day. I do a lot of out-of-state rides in my travels, I comply by times 2 there, but the cal plate officially dosent help by any number. I guess the large offroad lights with diffuser lens would be illegal too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:28 pm

Your screwed in Kalifornistan no matter what you do just like the gun laws there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Feel sorry for you, over here things are pretty good with the law as long as your not a dick they leave you alone.... Bump never see many police by me the odd car and that's about it.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:36 pm

your all right, and I feel sorry for me too, I will eventually take up residence in moab Utah, where they ignore unlicensed vehicles, lighting, beer consumption, and the like, I spend a week of my summer tour there every year. its a shame theres so many beautiful places to visit in this state, and the democrats, pursue keeping access by backpackers only. at 55, im losing vision with age, but when I was younger, I got to enjoy the uncontrolled California riding, this was a great place to be, my present back yard of Johnson valley/randsburgh/san bernardino mountains, still give up the best terrain of anywhere ive traveled, I guess ill have to look forward to a helmet mounted night vision monocular to safely ride in darkness, thanks for the replies guys, your all right!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum