Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To uncork or no?

Go down

To uncork or no? Empty To uncork or no?

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Got a bud who is an old Harley mechanic and he keeps telling me if I uncork this beast it will just wear it out faster...now it is far from new but jeez...I kinda expected a different reaction from him...is he onto something? I know maintaining anything is the key to longevity but wanted to hear from some folks who know the bike...I do not have to have more power...but seriously..why not?

Back to top Go down

To uncork or no? Empty Re: To uncork or no?

Post  Mauser Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Only US bikes are corked, rest of the world are happy with stock bikes and they seem to last the distance....your friends talking crap ignore him and un-cork her and enjoy the power.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2016 2:17 pm

This is what I said...thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue May 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2016 2:58 am

Mauser wrote:Only US bikes are corked, rest of the world are happy with stock bikes and they seem to last the distance....your friends talking crap ignore him and un-cork her and enjoy the power.

+1 2 thumbs  Once you have done that  you wont be able wipe the grin off your face, only the mud! BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 am

That guy is a forum WHORE!
There can be too many experts? When I am looking for advice I consult the forums...who knows better than those who ride them? Got a Black Powder forum if yall need any on that...lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 am

brushhippie wrote:
That guy is a forum WHORE!
There can be too many experts? When I am looking for advice I consult the forums...who knows better than those who ride them? Got a Black Powder forum if yall need any on that...lol.
Got 3 black powder guns 1 rifle and 2 pistols, and a few shotguns for good measures lol
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Well....stop by and tell us about them! (got a few of them myself) http://gunslingersgulch.com nice
When I got into BP stuff I found the BP forums to be full of snotbags....got tired of their crap so we just started our own!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2016 2:30 pm

brushhippie wrote:Got a bud who is an old Harley mechanic ...

Yo Brush, I stopped reading right there!
Harley eh, and old too.... shame man, they don't know a thing about bikes, only about Half-Tractors - let him look at your diesel truck and his eyes start to shine, wanna bet? BRP smile
Bulldust pal, uncork the thing, it was meant to be like that were it not for the Californian dragonic laws.
But, besides asking a baker or the girl next door (which would make a LOT more sense actually but that's for another day..), how about your own opinion: you want to keep it parked in the living room forever or want to ride it like you stole it?
Ah, thought so.... uncorking it'll be then.

Oh, besides that, you'd be the only one here with a corked bike whilst you know about the uncorking bit - bit ominous eh?
Besides, try to wheely it?
LOL, pull the cork and try again, just be careful then pls Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2016 2:54 pm

LOL! I guess it is apples and oranges...ordering the jets! Got ma hole saw ready.. Bananatool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Ordered everything from partszilla!...cept the insolator...I think I can modify that..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2016 11:29 am

Strange.... I mentioned the word 'wheely' and Mauser hasn't reacted yet - hope he is OK?
Damn man, we can't do without him here, perhaps he's on a holiday?
BRP smile

Hippie, you should know Maus' insists a pig can't wheely, however DO keep in mind that when you've pulled the plug better be careful on the first ride hmm? naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2016 2:12 pm

There is not enough to grab onto on this rockpile to wheelie...you DO NOT wanna be behind it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon May 16, 2016 3:46 pm

BuRP wrote:Strange.... I mentioned the word 'wheely' and Mauser hasn't reacted yet - hope he is OK?
Damn man, we can't do without him here, perhaps he's on a holiday?
BRP smile

Hippie, you should know Maus' insists a pig can't wheely, however DO keep in mind that when you've pulled the plug better be careful on the first ride hmm? naughty
I'm here fear not my friend... listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Carb kit arrived...jets and needle due any minute!...OH YEA! Bananatool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Kit installed...float reset...too high leaking fuel...crappo..It was not leaking so I took of..by the time I ride a ways it was pouring fuel out the over flow...gonna set her down just a tech and try it again...I am ready to be done pulling this damn carb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 am

Funny, this carb does not leak - only when leant over when parked on the sidestand, that is why you should add 1mm to the float level.
On this adjusting, you know how to do this?
If you now snigger and think idjit, just turn the thing upside down..... then you're doing it wrong BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:05 pm

I watched a youtube vid on how to do it...so no not really...lol They showed holding it sideways....would love to only have to do this one more time so..I am all eyes...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Gonna go with 19mm...that sound right to you boys...the auzzies is the vid I saw they are calling for 18...I tried 18 and although fuel is not running out the overflow...it is revving up..like it was doing before when it was gushing out the over flow...hmmm...
edit..ended up with 185...19 looked to low....seem to be working...gonna put it together and ride it...got warm while I was dickin with it...ok...yet again...
ok...185...I would think that would be close enough?...now...are they just prone to the carbs leaking on the kickstand...is the carb that gd finiky?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:34 pm

19mm will do.
Gradually turn the carb upside down whilst you blow though a piece of petrol-tubing - measure the floatheight at that position/angle where your blowjob stops.... and yes, this proves real men can do blowjobs too, sorry to burst your bubble Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 am

I know a guy who rode his (never corked) XR650R mainly on the road for 95000km from new without opening the motor at all - He only sold the bike because it was involved in an accident. I have to admit though, knowing the way he rides he probably never thrashed it.

BTW, he changed the oil every 7000km

And yes, before you ask - he knows the difference between an XR650R and an XR650L - He currently owns a XR650L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum