Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over at ADV riders

Go down

Over at ADV riders Empty Over at ADV riders

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 am

When a thread gets to bustin' chops as it tends to do over there we should whistle up a posse from here and just arrive at the same thread and ....have a bit of fun on mass so to speak.
Say giving it to the KTM,KLR,etc,etc guys.

Back to top Go down

Over at ADV riders Empty Re: Over at ADV riders

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:06 am

Heh, I enjoyed that codyy thread. You were a bit out numbered. Seems people were overlooking your personal experiences regarding how the 650R performed against the KTMs, Huskys, 450Xs etc., or didn't want to see it. I got a kick out of Plurics rebuttals. Did you see all his old trophys? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 am

You held your own well cooky. Let them ride their pumpkins and strange lookin husky's, We will keep on keepin on riding our badass BRP's and look badass doin it! 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 am

Seems people were overlooking your personal experiences regarding how the 650R performed against the KTMs, Huskys, 450Xs etc.,

Saw that too, was pretty funny that most KTM riders ignored that critical post.

They were all over my "valve checks every 1k" too, but that is what I heard about KTMs and Huskys.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a 690 or Husky, but the word on the street still stands....they are finicky, complicated and do not last without major engine work/rebuilds.

And for right now, my body bleeds BRP red. 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:59 am

Sounds like a plan....whistle up the troops from here and support each other! asking for it

2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 am

I'm lucky enough to currently own both... KTM 640 Adventure and a XR650R. I have also owned over the past few years several different models of KTMs... 250EXC, 300 EXC, 360 EXC and 2 of the 640 Adventures. The KTM company does make a great motor...everyone of that I have owned has been pretty trouble free. My big complaint about the KTM's is the 4 strokes are a pain in the ass when to change oil in...simple do it yourself oil change. The 640 is the worst of all of them... I put my 250 EXC against several XR650R's in the past and with the exception of a softer seat...everyone in our group loved the KTM. I also had a lot of motor work done to it...it was light, fast and all around fun.

Honda... Where this bike stands out...It's owner friendly, gas and go! Oil changes and common fixes are cheap and easy to do on your own. It's a bulletproof tried and tested motor. Even though it weighs nearly 40 lbs more, it's more comfortable to ride...although I wouldn't take it cross country...off-road it sits high on the list of fun bikes. There is a reason why the 650R has won more Baja 1000 wins then any other bike...including the KTMs.

I think just about everyone will be very loyal in their posts to what they have in their garage. Think about it, if you spent close to 8,000 on a KTM, wouldn't you think it's the best bike??? That is also another good point...The XR650 is almost half the price. I bought my 07 a couple of months ago from a dealership. The bike had roughly 5 hours on it...I rolled it out the door for $4,500. I do a lot of mods and add a lot of creature comforts and still be way ahead of the price of a new KTM.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:55 am

badcooky wrote:When a thread gets to bustin' chops as it tends to do over there we should whistle up a posse from here and just arrive at the same thread and ....have a bit of fun on mass so to speak.
Say giving it to the KTM,KLR,etc,etc guys.

Can you post the link? nice

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:24 am

I actually don't know the thread you guys are talking about.
I just love givin' 'em shid.

Back to top Go down

Over at ADV riders Empty So I thought I'd have some fun with those slobs ...

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 am

I got an idea from a guy I rode with last Summer about posting all the idiot Noob ?s at once to the XR650R Yahoo group. They boil over at Noob stuff sometimes. It was a great idea, but not mine. So I was thinking about creating some sort of April Fools Day joke about Starbucks giving free lattes to guys on BMWs and posting on AdvRider. I'd mulled it over for awhile. Even had a friend in LA agree to put up a web site. In the end I just thought I'd get 'em where they live ... Feel free to stir the pot.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442503

badcooky wrote:I actually don't know the thread you guys are talking about.
I just love givin' 'em shid.

Last edited by Bump on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:27 am

My goodness. That thread is off to a nice start! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 am

Added commentary.

Always feel free to use the below image, whenever needed. I forget where it came from, but it tells its own story.

Dave

Over at ADV riders Ktmhelper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:17 am

You could probably tow it with a full house XR680 faster than it's ever been if the right conditions were met.
Or have a good old go at it.
Tear the front end of it and tow it up a trail.
Pikkos has just built a tough 680 up hasn't he?
Fug the orange cool aid carnt's give me the shids, bless their little orange A-hearts. Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down