Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review

Go down

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Empty AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am

I just ordered a set of Forma Dominators from Atomic-Moto.Com. They have them on sale for $199.

I’ve been looking for a new set of boots for a while. Since switching from my GS to a XR650R I now need something with more protection. I tried on a pair of Alpinestars and they didn’t fit my feet right (Just walking around in the store). Maybe they needed time to break in? But I also want a boot for ADV riding where if I have to get off and walk a bit to explore something I can. I would like to try a set of Gaerne S12's still but $$$ has kept me from trying a set. Anyways I kept looking.

After having a few people recommend the Forma’s to me I decided to give them a try. According to Atomic Moto they are just like the Hurricane 661’s. I ordered a set in blue size 44 (they were out of red in a 44 AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Bncry) and had them at the house 2 days later AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Thumb

Initial impression of the boots…..The quality and fit is excellent. The boots are very comfortable on my feet right out of the box. They have a flexible joint in them to allow easier walking and I can walk pretty well in them even before they are broken in (They still aren’t walking shoes but pretty good for a MX boot). The build quality appears to be top notch, the buckles are metal, very robust and easily replaceable, they latch and unlatch very smooth. The inner bootie is very comfortable and I think I read where it is made of some kind of odor resistant material. After a short initial test ride I really like these boots. I’ll do some longer rides soon and see how they go. I’ve talked to several people now that own these boots and swear by them so I’m sure I’ll have good luck with them in the long run also.

Thought I would post this short review up in case someone else is looking for a top quality boot at a affordable price. (Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with Atomic Moto other than buying this set of boots, just sharing what I think is a great deal).

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2172v

Overall Shot
AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2175h

Heavy Duty Buckle
AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2178f

Buckle Open
AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2180z

Pivot Point. This makes is a LOT easier to Shift and Walk.
AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2181c

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Img2184k

Inner Bootie

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Empty Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:29 pm

That is a good deal! nice

Back to top Go down

AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review Empty Re: AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 am

What's the idea of the inner boot thing then? Doesn't making room for that make the boot more bulky?

I've got Fox Trackers, and the buckles are nowhere near as robust as they look on yours.

Where they're advertised over here they're described as "the best MX boot available" and they do look like really decent boots, but unfortunately £210 (GBP), which is about $350 (USD). Maybe one day if i win the lottery!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down