Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time

Go down

This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time Empty Re: This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 am

The one sitting in my garage with a broken motor... beat head

Back to top Go down

This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time Empty Re: This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Having owned three of the contenders I was able to guess they were included before even reading the article.

-The Suzuki 400 was just as described, light switch power, unpredictable. Broken rear fender and broken tail bone resulting.

-The SC500 Yamaha seized regularly but they missed the trans shaft that broke every few months from the kickbacks. Also the steel insteps in my boots.

-The Honda CR450R was another light switch powerband but worlds ahead of the other two.

Handling on all three was horrible which makes the XRR's handling, even stock, seem like a dream.

Back to top Go down

This is fun: Ten Worst Dirt Bikes of All Time Empty Not to offend any britt bike lovers or anything but...

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 am

I had a 1967 triumph tiger datona sports 500 that would break down all the time. That piece of crap would rattle parts off of it all the time. it had all sorts of different types of nuts and bolts, different witworth pitchs and threads and stuff. I had to get a couple of different types of wrench sets. It hurt the bottom of my foot pretty bad. The last straw was the Giant nut that held the stator on the end of the crank came off and shot through TWO case walls!! I jb welded up some beer can pieces but it never really held. But when it did run it sounded great and was a blast to ride. I also think Royal enfields listen up are pretty dam junky but I would like to have one and the time to tinker with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Although it didn't make the list, I had a '73 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn that was atrocious.

I nicknamed it 'Pighorn' because it felt like it weighed 400 lbs. I know it felt like it because I often pushed it. A 'good' ride was 30 minutes long as it would usually have fouled a plug by then. Compared to the Kawa, my Bultaco's were maintenance free.

I had a special hate on for that bike angry . I couldn't believe my luck when I bought it in '73 with no miles for next to nothing. Sometimes there's a reason..... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:00 am

That was a damn funny read, for sure!

Luckily, I never owned any of those bummers, but rode plenty of three-wheelers.

After riding two wheels, it was tough to break the habit of extending a leg in turns. It sucks running over your own leg, repeatedly. pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down