Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Empty POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 am

Can't decide which tank to purchase. Would love to pics showing your aftermarket tanks with the brand and capacity and any other mods. (Yes I know there's the gallery section.)

Here is my 2nd XRR and hopefully my last.

Here is one of Motorcycle USA's project with 3.2 gal. IMS w/dry break.
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t XR650RR

Back to top Go down

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Empty Re: POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:44 am

Here is my 2007 with the IMS tank on it...

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t 2063824650057707896DLtale_th

Back to top Go down

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Empty Re: POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Acrebis 6.3 Gallon

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t DSCF5512

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t DSCF5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 am

A 4.3 gallon Clarke from a dude Middy on another site.
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t PA040034

ZenMoto's seriously badd bike! I've still got to figure out if he's running a 4.3 or 4.6 gal tank. Me thinks it's the 4.6 Clarke.
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t 479445359_XLQvf-L
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t 479445141_tagJA-L
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t 479444541_uyJas-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 am

Does anyone have any advice on getting graphics to stick well on the clear tanks? I haven't had much luck in the past so I'm not sure I even want to waste the money on a new set of graphics for mine...

Back to top Go down

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Empty 4.6 Clarke?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:28 am

Michelangelo wrote:
ZenMoto's seriously badd bike! I've still got to figure out if he's running a 4.3 or 4.6 gal tank. Me thinks it's the 4.6 Clarke.

Mike:

Did/does Clarke make a 4.6 gal tank to fit the XR650R? A Clarke rep told me only the 4.3 gal tank is produced by them. Others agree.

I never drained and filled the Clarke tank on my previous XR650R for measurement purposes, but it was a tad bit larger (physically) vs. my two current Clarke 4.3 gal tanks.

The obvious difference was on the left side. With the 4.3 Clarke tank, one can see the carb choke lever in the "off" position. With the "mystery" Clarke tank (4.6?), one can not see the lever.

Here's a shot of the mystery Clarke tank on my 02 BRP.

Last edited by Dave P on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 am

Here's another.

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Xr650rrt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes so the above two pics you posted must be the Clarke 4.3 gallon and the bling-bling Vegas bike I posted must be the IMS 4.6.

According to website IMS: 3.2, 4.6 and 7.0 http://www.imsproducts.com/
Clarke: 4.3 http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=74

Can anyone ID these tanks and sizes?
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Baja_Bike_HondaXR650
POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t SOTO_RACE_BIKE_L34L_004

Back to top Go down

POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t Empty last two tanks

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 pm

The bottom photo is Soto's bike I think. The tank above looks the same size. Soto is a pretty serious racer so I assume he uses the standard race tank which is an IMS 3.2 Drybreak. That's what the pits are setup for. I think Soto is on these boards so ping him and ask. or got to Soto-racing.com. His web site is down. He's also on Advrider. Really nice guy too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=63415

I have an IMS 4.6 drybreak with the billet cap adapter from BRP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down