Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What tools to use.

Go down

What tools to use. Empty What tools to use.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:50 pm

I read this somewhere in "Motorcycle Forum Land" (MFL) but I had always used this principle; even with my cars and Mt Bike.

In your constant battle to keep you BRP tuned, maintained, and looking cooler that anyone elses, you use a lot of tools; some specific to your bike and some not. Follow this suggestion and you'll be good to go when on the trail and a mechanical hits.

1. 1. When you work on your bike at home "ONLY USE THE TOOLS YOU PACK WITH YOU ON TRAIL" if there is tool you need and it's not in your portable tool pack, consider adding it.

2. Only bring tools that "FIT YOUR BIKE"; say a 14mm box end wrench, if there is no 14mm on your bike, DONT PACK IT. Same thing with Allen wrenches.

3. Two most popular thing I'm glad I had with me; ViceGrips, Zip Ties.

Ive seen Vice grips use for a shifter lever, clutch cable connector, brake pedal, nut cracker, brake hose clamp, bottle opener, removing stripped fasteners.

Back to top Go down

What tools to use. Empty Re: What tools to use.

Post  Focker Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:20 pm

stroupdog wrote:
1. When you work on your bike at home "ONLY USE THE TOOLS YOU PACK WITH YOU ON TRAIL" if there is tool you need and it's not in your portable tool pack, consider adding it.

I like this idea...Thanks for the tip! I have a tool pack that I pieced together, but never use it at home...Moving forward I'll definitely try this.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down