Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag!

Go down

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! Empty GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag!

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Finally got around to strapping the Giant Loop Fandango tank bag onto the 530.....I love it GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! 5543 (Should fit the XRR just as well)

This bag is just right for what I'm going to use it for. It's compact, doesn't get in the way while sitting or standing up, made from a heavy duty waterproof material and removes/installs super fast. After last years desert trip I was wanting a better place to carry my Camera, batteries, charger ect.

Here's the link to the GL bag: CLICK HERE

And here's a few pics of the bag on the bike.

Right Side...fits great!

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010458

Left Side

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010454

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010459

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010463

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010474

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010464

And when you need to fill up, or your at camp and want to throw the bag in the tent...just unzip it! Only takes a couple seconds to remove the bag and the base stays. Very slick GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! 5543

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! P1010478

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! Empty How much stuff do you ride with?

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Is this little bag the replacement for your backpack? Tool pack?

Or is it just for all the spare parts you have to carry on a KTM? Sorry couldn't resist last jab! asking for it Serious about the ?s though.

Back to top Go down

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! Empty Re: GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:13 am

It is so he can carry two cameras, one to take the pictures I don't. Hodakaguy is one of the most prepared (just in case people I know), pretty handy to have around when something goes wrong.

Back to top Go down

GL Fandango tank bag - Great Bag! Empty Seriously? A Camera Case?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:54 am

It seems like the camera would take a lot of vibration there. Finding a suitable place for my DSLR has proven to be quite a challenge. My current thinking is some sort of chest mounted bag. Sorta like the Kata T-214 and T-212 but better, and different. I want it to plug into my Kriega shoulder straps. I emailed ThinkTank Photo about the idea but got no reply.
What sort of cameras are you guys putting in there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:02 am

Bump wrote:Is this little bag the replacement for your backpack? Tool pack?

Or is it just for all the spare parts you have to carry on a KTM? Sorry couldn't resist last jab! asking for it Serious about the ?s though.

Not a replacement for anything, just another spot to divide things up. Mainly going to carry my camera (Canon SX200), GOPro HD setup, extra batteries for both, memory cards, chargers ect. Along with anything else that is light and I need fast access to. The camers is in a padded case so I think it will be fine inside the bag, I may put a small piece of foam down in the bottom of the camera storage area to further isolate it from vibrations.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down