Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi to all of you!

Go down

Hi to all of you! Empty Hi to all of you!

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 4:30 am

Hello, I am George. I am almost ready to buy a used XR 650 2004 model.
I am very excited about this. I hope everything will go right with the motorcycle.
I wait for the owner to find time and go together check the moto to a mechanic.
So any information about the first check (for probably problems) will be very usefull.

Back to top Go down

Hi to all of you! Empty Re: Hi to all of you!

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 am

Once over the bike, checking oil, crank shaft, wheel bearings, cables, swing arm bolt, foot pegs, chain, sprockets, and just overall condition of plastics and frame, looking for cracks etc. Does the bike start and sound normal IE: unusual noises cover pipe to check for compression. All fairly basic stuff, but as you go through these checks you will have a feeling one way or another as to how the bike has been taken care of. Good luck let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Hi to all of you! Empty What to check

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi and welcome. If you search on this site there are several posts addressing this topic.

Also, if you will post good closeup photographs you'll likely get lots of feedback if you ask this group to be critical. There are a lot of sharp eyes on here and I'm often impressed at the details I miss that others here do not.

Give is some more details on the bike as well. Like what it has been used for and why it is being sold. No man parts easily with his BRP...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 am

How did your search go Geo? Any luck?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum