Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from NORCAL

Go down

Hello from NORCAL Empty Hello from NORCAL

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi everyone, I'm reading posts on what to look for when buying a used BRP. Previously I have had a XR350, TT600, CR500, CRF450 and I have decided the BRP is for me, I love big 4 strokes and the dependability that comes along with them and good maintenance. I prefer a bike that has not seen any or very little sand time and that has been uncorked, I'll do the rest.

Doug

Back to top Go down

Hello from NORCAL Empty Re: Hello from NORCAL

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:22 am

Actually Doug, and welcome here, you probably want a bike that has not been decorked!
First of, it is a piece of cake to do, but more importantly, a 'corked' pig is a meek lame thing, it's virtually impossible to abuse it, ditto to wheely.
I bought exactly such, less than 100 (city)miles on, with road-tires on still having those 'hairs', plus an open silencer to loud things up only - because it still was an out of breath snail, no wonder the guy wanted to sell it.
Sure, lucky me there actually was one - because my alternative was to buy a well-used example, for almost the same money!
But you'll like it anyway, it's a nice muscle with character rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 am

For what it is worth, there is a brand spanking new Pig here for sale, 2007 model & Cal-spec (very much corked). Never been run, it lives a life in a showroom, but uncrated.

The price though will piss the Yanks off..... around 12 grand US.
I paid almost that for mine, and the used stuff here goes for similarly high prices - that is, if I compare them to what the Stateside guys pay. You should know that we never had 'official' imports, all bikes here (a handful only) were special (private) imports.
Still, that bike is NEW.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:29 pm

BuRP wrote:For what it is worth, there is a brand spanking new Pig here for sale, 2007 model & Cal-spec (very much corked). Never been run, it lives a life in a showroom, but uncrated.

The price though will piss the Yanks off..... around 12 grand US.
I paid almost that for mine, and the used stuff here goes for similarly high prices - that is, if I compare them to what the Stateside guys pay. You should know that we never had 'official' imports, all bikes here (a handful only) were special (private) imports.
Still, that bike is NEW.....

Hey Burp, nice to meet you.

You are right, an uncorked bike would be best. Yesterday I found a bike on craigslist, he wanted 3200.00 U.S.D, I offered 2800.00 and he accepted. For the next two hours I was planning my 7 hour drive to the Los Angeles area to pick up the bike when the phone rang.....The owner of the bike said his wife didn't want him to sell it and he changed his mind...The bike had 273 miles, was uncorked at the dealer and didn't even show boot wear..he had told me he was 5'7 tall and 170 and the bike was too much for him. I'm 6'3, 240 and was ready to tame that BRP!
I'm a little (a lot) pissed, but hey, no worries because I'm on it today looking already. Burp, if I send you a few links to bikes will you check them out and give me some feed back?
For now you take care down under, I hear there is flooding all over. Stay safe friend.

Back to top Go down

Hello from NORCAL Empty Brand new in Colorado

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 pm

This popped up on Denver Craigs List the other day... If you want good shape - take a peek at this one :
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/2267230382.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum