Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Video

Go down

Crash Video Empty Crash Video

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetVc9zXRcU

Though you would get a kick. Bike Baja Ready XR650R I am glad I took the brunt of this crash because I absolutly love this bike.

Enjoy.
Poli Magana
Revenge Baja Racing Team
AMSOIL

Last edited by poli4050 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TYPO)

Back to top Go down

Crash Video Empty Re: Crash Video

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 am

Was that a small hump that you hit? beat head

Glad your ok.

Question: what are you running for tires front and rear?

Back to top Go down

Crash Video Empty Crash Questions

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

From the height of my GOPRO its pretty hard to see the depth of the woops. They were not very big but the last one that I hit I was coming down from the air and it was at an angle so it pushed my rear tire to the left. From that point the fish tailing began. I was not paying attention and was looking somewhere else. Usually happens when you relax to much in BAJA. It happened so fast and was such a rediculas crash I get a kick out of it. Even though I did get hurt its amusing how just when you get comfortable in BAJA it will bite you.

I run Bridge Stone GRITTY rear and Scorpian front. Tires have to be extra heavy duty for these types of areas because there are a lot of extra sharp rocky areas.

Thank you for your question.

Poli Magana

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 pm

poli4050 wrote:From the height of my GOPRO its pretty hard to see the depth of the woops. They were not very big but the last one that I hit I was coming down from the air and it was at an angle so it pushed my rear tire to the left. From that point the fish tailing began. I was not paying attention and was looking somewhere else. Usually happens when you relax to much in BAJA. It happened so fast and was such a rediculas crash I get a kick out of it. Even though I did get hurt its amusing how just when you get comfortable in BAJA it will bite you.

I run Bridge Stone GRITTY rear and Scorpian front. Tires have to be extra heavy duty for these types of areas because there are a lot of extra sharp rocky areas.

Thank you for your question.

Poli Magana

Do they work good in the soft sand and ruts? I am trying to compare to the Dunlop 739 A/T rear and 739 F/A fronts that I run.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 pm

They work fine at high speeds in sand and ruts.. Main concern is getting a flat 200Miles away from your next pit. So durrability actually comes first before performance but not by much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 pm

poli4050 wrote:They work fine at high speeds in sand and ruts.. Main concern is getting a flat 200Miles away from your next pit. So durrability actually comes first before performance but not by much.

Have you ever tried the Dunlop 739 series tires? I an curious how they compare to what your running?

Back to top Go down

Crash Video Empty DUNLOP

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

I have heard a lot of that tire but my mentor whom has raced for over 30 years winning more SCORE RACE than anyone in history has argued about the durrability of that tire over hundred of miles over extreme terrain. The GRITTY BRIDGESTONE tires is what we feel the best for our porpose. I dont think it was the tire that made me crash it was my lack of attention. Dunlop makes a fantastic tire which may or may not be equal or better than the BRIDGESTONE but the compound specs and construction of the GRITTY is as it was specifically made for BAJA extreme speeds, and terrain.

Poli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:46 am

What brand and model inner tubes do you run?

Do use run two rimlocks per wheel?

Thx! nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am

Inner tubes???
I'll be surprised if any, bib-mousse's for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:36 am

Damn. Glad to see that you were alright.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

BuRP wrote:Inner tubes???
I'll be surprised if any, bib-mousse's for sure!

Don't they generate a lot of heat for at least the rear tire?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Never for the REAR.. lot's of people use them for the fron tire. I have never used one for the simple fact that they tend to ger real hot like you stated at high speeds. I just use an extra heavy duty tube and a heavy duty tire... in front. Maybe be a bit slippery in technical areas but the point is to finish. So eliminating as much risk failure is key.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:13 pm

AtomicXRer wrote:Damn. Glad to see that you were alright.

Thank you very much. poli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:21 am

Thx cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down