Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Uganda!

Go down

Hi from Uganda! Empty Hi from Uganda!

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi all,

I dont have an BRP yet but hopefully will soon...have put in an offer for one and having trouble waiting for the guys answer Frustrated

Anyway, bike history to date was road bikes till I moved to Uganda 7 years ago and I now have a CRM250AR which is a great bike but I want to do some longer rides.

Is there anybody on here that lives in the Lancashire area of the UK? Will be back in the UK this week from Wednesday to Sunday and it would be great to be able to chat about the BRP with someone.

Well, all for now but hopefully I will get some good news soon and then I can get serious on this forum Very Happy

Regards
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Hi from Uganda! Empty Re: Hi from Uganda!

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 8:40 am

Go wash yer undies bru! razz

Welcome, and hopefully some Blightyman will be able to help you here - Mauser maybe?
What you're doing in Uganda mate, a bit off the beaten track - oil?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 am

Hey thanks for the welcome... Very Happy (19 views and one welcome though Sad )

naaaa not in oil - what I do I pay for myself!!!

I am an Aircraft Engineer with Mission Aviation Fellowship - we operate light aircraft into the north of Uganda, South Sudan and DRC, supporting NGO's, doctors, missionaries, humanitarian work etc. Its a good life here apart from being away from extended family.

Still waiting from the guys reply.... beat head

Cheers
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Skidmark.
I'm from North Wales and am bilingual, that is I speak CRM and BRP.
Sent you a few PM's on the CRM site
Close to Chester if that is any good to you but willing to use some contract minutes on a phone call if you PM me a tel, number and the time it is likely to be convenient.
or perhaps you could get down here with a helmet and kit naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey Hew,

Thanks for offer...will PM you!

Regards
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon May 28, 2012 6:32 pm

SkidMark wrote:Hi all,

I dont have an BRP yet but hopefully will soon...have put in an offer for one and having trouble waiting for the guys answer Frustrated

Anyway, bike history to date was road bikes till I moved to Uganda 7 years ago and I now have a CRM250AR which is a great bike but I want to do some longer rides.

Is there anybody on here that lives in the Lancashire area of the UK? Will be back in the UK this week from Wednesday to Sunday and it would be great to be able to chat about the BRP with someone.

Well, all for now but hopefully I will get some good news soon and then I can get serious on this forum Very Happy

Regards
SkidMark

Hi Skidmark, sorry I'm miles away down in the Midlands....my bike struggles to do more than 10 miles on tarmac so meeting up on the 650 is a non starter lol, 13~50 gearing and large knobbly tyres don't help.
Welcome to the forum we don't say a lot on here but when we do you cannot shut us up banana
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

I PM'ed Hew for you, just in case this thread gets buried by others. He's a good bloke, he helped me with info on my TM40.
Listen Bru, you've got the Service Manual have you? Find it on the web & download it (free), you must have it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 7:47 pm

yeah I got hold of him thanks and got his number - and now I have worked out who he is on the CRM250 forum I know he's a good guy!

Regards
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Well the guy got back to me and..........................................................I will soon be the owner of a BRP!!! Quite probably the only one in Uganda!!! banana nice cheers rider

errrm I'm quite happy Smile

SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 am

Whats it like in uganda?
PICTURES PLEASE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:09 pm

just waiting for the money transfer to clear then I pick up the bike - hopefully this weekend!!! banana

@ BMKTW2 Uganda's a great place to live although I'd rather live a bit further out of the city as the traffic can be really crazy, as in crazy amount AND crazy standard of driving!!! Will try and get some pics up sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Well I've had the bike a week or so but only just got out today on it for the first time for 1 1/2 hour ride. I did a route that mixed up fast dirt road, rutted dirt road, slightly more technical dirt footpaths and some tarmac too. 1st impressions are good, loads a power (just came from a Honda CRM250AR but have ridden large street bikes before), suspensions supply, head shakes a bit but never felt like I was loosing it and the brakes are crap... Well I should clarify on the dirt the brakes are ok, because you don't want them locking up real easily but on tarmac they leave a lot to be desired. So some work to do... I've got big plans for the bike but I want to get some good miles on it to make sure it is the right bike for what I want to do and invest loads of money into it. First things are an ignition switch and rear foot pegs....

Also does anyone know where I can get a parts catalogue from - prefer electronic download online but will also buy hardcopy if not?

Smiles for miles banana ohhh and llloooovvvveeee the sound!

SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:52 am

Here is a link to the online manual, I wasn't sure if this is what you meant or if you wanted an aftermarket website.

http://issuu.com/xr650r/docs/honda_xr650r_service_manual_2000-2007?mode=embed&documentId=080207201915-a9614fa8a33e47dcb595719384785a5c&layout=white

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:27 am

Hey,

Thanks for the reply - I have the service manual already but I am after a Parts Catalogue - the book that has a breakdown of the bike with the Honda part number for each part that makes up the bike. Anyone?

Regards
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum