Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice

Go down

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Empty Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 am

Buying a 2000 Xr650r supermoto. There's no gauge on it, but he tells me its approx 2000km. What would you guys pay?
He's asking $3700: is that a fair price?

"Up forsale is my 00 xr650r fully converted to street cheap on insurance and is 100% street legal runs like new motor recently freshened up. Lots of time n money invested have all stock parts.needs nothing."
Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice $(KGrHqZ,!k4FB0(90bV4BQlw)-tyn!~~48_20

"Yes i do, this bike was dirt so no km gauge but no more then 1500 km in it. All fuids dine early this year oil done twice(honda) tires are great n will pass cert only thing horn n signals are off bike but i do have them, no electric start,batts new this year aswell. N it had custom built rims were 3k alone,sprokets chain,big front disk n bracket,all plastics,headlight,undertail led brake light,yosh pipe,uncorked,air filter,bArs,handgaurds,oversized rads,ck3yellow rad hoes,200watt stator. And more well over 5k in parts!! Im willing to take $3800 at the least as i know wat there worth n wats into it..
And i also have almost all stock parts! Including rims n dirt tired witch are dot approved. "

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Imagejpeg21s
Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Imagejpeg2y
Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Imagejpeg22

Any other question I should ask before buying it? I will have to buy a digital gauge for it.

Back to top Go down

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Empty Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

2000 Km in 12 years = 167 Km per year...... I don't think so.
But whatever, I wish it sold for that amount here, you guys get them for free!

Back to top Go down

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Empty Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice

Post  Mauser Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Sounds a good price, but as mentioned the mileage is all guess work could have done 40k on the road Smile.
You take your chances without history from MOT tests etc; even then nothing is 100% unless you know the previous owner/s
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm

^How much is this bike in Africa?
So bargained him down to $3500, he said it should be max 15000km, then rebuilt.
I think i'm going to buy this bike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 am

Over 8k I'd guess - BUY it if it makes a 'sound' impression, change/fix what you don't like. These bikes are crackers, they actually don't have peers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm

bought mine about 6 months ago for a good chunk more...problem is that there are so few of that type of bike around in good condition that they fetch a high price....but still cheaper than importing your own from my calculations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

There is more than 2000 KM on the bike.

If the bike is in good condition, start at $3000 and settle on something in between.
nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Such a bummer... The bike was sold by the time I got everything ready.

Back to top Go down

Hello from Toronto, Canada - Need advice Empty Seems pretty high to me.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I think you should be able to get a cleaner bike for about a grand less.

Last edited by Bump on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 am

Mileage does not matter , ride the focker untill something gets broken and then fix it BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 am

I like your style Mad Frosty 35000km I know of on my BRP still goes great.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Mileage does not matter , ride the focker untill something gets broken and then fix it BRP smile

Thats awesome 2 thumbs

Mine says 8200 on the title but nobody really knows, bought it for $3200. XRR's are a little spendy in Oregon as we cannot license anything with a VIN number designated for off road use anymore. Even if you convert it and its completely legal, DMV wont license it if the VIN is on their NoNo list. The ones that were converted back in the 2000's are grandfathered in and they're hard to find making them more expensive.

In Portland mid spring or summer a good XRR will go for $4000 easy. Really nice clean ones with extra rims and the right goodies will get close to $5000.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down