Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa brought my toy early ...

Go down

Santa brought my toy early ... Empty Santa brought my toy early ...

Post  Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 pm

BRP smile

Image hosted by servimg.com

After a 30 mile 'getting acquainted' ride ...

ACE

Back to top Go down

Santa brought my toy early ... Empty Re: Santa brought my toy early ...

Post  Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am

HO ho ho! naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:20 am

Nice pressie.....was wondering how Santa was going to get it down your chimney Smile.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Merry xmass Santa

btw i hope Santa did not forget to deliver the propper wheels for the beast Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 am

Oh Santa did ok, I have the stock 21/18 wheels with usable Metzler Sahara tires that came with ... and a 47t rear sprocket. This motard setup has a 45t rear ...

Took another ride today and figured out how to set the speedometer display Cool, ran her up to about 98 indicated (out in the boonies, no traffic, just for a short test) and she felt stable. Light as can be though, this girl's a featherweight compared to my street bikes BRP smile ...

ACE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Carl do you know if the Acerbis handguards which are on your bike fit on to fatbars ?
I want upgrade from the flimsy stock guards and i like the old style acerbis but not sure about the fittment .
Sorry for off toppic post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey Frosty,

Don't know for sure. The bar I have appears to be a tapered item. It goes from about 22mm at the grip, to 26mm where the 'inside' of the handguard attaches, to 28.5mm in the center. Not sure who makes these ...

ACE

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Hi Carl do you know if the Acerbis handguards which are on your bike fit on to fatbars ?
I want upgrade from the flimsy stock guards and i like the old style acerbis but not sure about the fittment .
Sorry for off toppic post.
Don't you like our brackets Frosty ?......
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/newparts/guardmounts/guardmounts.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I have seen them , they seem very strong and well build , not sure about the looks .
i am still undecided between normal bars and fatbars , thinking that Windham bend will be the best for me , but everything seems to be nightmare to match , not enough information on the fittments and compatibility .
Cycra sells the handguards in two types - standard or fatt bars that saved me from buying anything untill i find out what fitts what , i always believed that they all fitt any bar because the ends are the same size ( i have never had fattbars before scratch ) .

decisions - i hate them .

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 am

Mad Frosty wrote:I have seen them , they seem very strong and well build , not sure about the looks .
i am still undecided between normal bars and fatbars , thinking that Windham bend will be the best for me , but everything seems to be nightmare to match , not enough information on the fittments and compatibility .
Cycra sells the handguards in two types - standard or fatt bars that saved me from buying anything untill i find out what fitts what , i always believed that they all fitt any bar because the ends are the same size ( i have never had fattbars before scratch ) .

decisions - i hate them .

I have fat bars on my piggy, not over keen on some of the downside to them...I cannot fit a nice bar pad which I want I know they do the fatbar pads but they don't look as good to me.... Sad.
And as mentioned the standard hand guard fixing kits don't work with tappered bars...another bummer.
I have some rises fitted to my bike which increases the size from stock 22mm to 28mm.
Must admit though if strength is what your after in the event of a spill the fork bracket is far stronger and won't allow the bracket and hand guard to twist as what would happen on the standard bar brackets... Frustrated
Mine were the early version which needed altering to get to fit but as they were free I wasn't complaining lol
Here's mine I forgot it was on the other post....
Santa brought my toy early ... DSC03563
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm

I personaly like the classic/ old fashioned bars more , but everybody seems to be buying the fatbars now , i dont know why they must be stronger i guess study

Can you please tell me What bend are you using ?, and what is your height .

Just found out that the normal bars are much cheaper scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Btw , your bike looks too clean , StirPot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down