Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oversize bigbore kits

Go down

oversize bigbore kits Empty oversize bigbore kits

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:34 am

gidday everyone, just wondering if there is any interest out there in brp land , to purchase a kit to enlarge your mtrs for huge torque / power increase,s, ive been investigating how much will need to be done to carry these mods out, [ huge ov/size sleeve, piston, gaskets, barrel boring, crankcase mods etc]one of the requirements is a minimum of four pistons to get one off manufacture[ross racing custom pistons]if i get some interest, i would consider getting the kits organized for installation[ id go through the process , then set out full installation procedures/costs etc, just hopin there are some other keen people, for much more power!

Back to top Go down

oversize bigbore kits Empty Re: oversize bigbore kits

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:55 pm

There are big bore pistons and kits for sale already you dont need to have them custom made , unless you want to go bigger than 680 ccm .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Damn Frosty, you told him the wheel already exists.... BRP smile

Back to top Go down

oversize bigbore kits Empty OVERSIZED bigbore kits

Post  Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:56 am

im thinking of 750cc , ive already got a 2mm kit installed[ 674cc],seems that 108mm bore may be as large as a modified std block can go, this will require significant machining work, such as crankcase boring, h/duty head studs, sealing grooves for a wet liner setup, possible mods to cooling cavities in block,purpose made head/barrel gaskets,etc,etc. my problem is that im crazed with power addiction, i.e always want more , ive seen on other sites that these mtrs have had these mods, just a matter of working through the tech aspects til its sorted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Kiwi,

what you list there - especially the wet liner! - is looking for shit, dig & you'll get it...
Horses for courses, mount a Ducati 1200 twin engine I'd say, or, ever thought of a turbo with injection body? Then add nitrous and, just before you'll blow it into smithereens, post a Youtube so that you at least will have some bragging rights left.
I mean, it's been done before (not the Duc as far as I know), and indeed most can be found on youtube.
But, but... do tell, keep us informed here?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:56 pm

This is going to sound like a blasphemy here but what about getting one of those orange machines with a big V2 engine if you really need all that power , they are still very capable machines , straight forward without the hassle and cost of rebuilding the piggy . asking for it

Back to top Go down

oversize bigbore kits Empty re: orange bikes

Post  Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:50 am

i have looked at these, yet the amount of electronic's on these totally puts me off, due to the fact that this is my weak point, basicly find everything electrical mind boggling, im fairly niffty at most other aspects of things mechanical however, also i cant imagine trail riding on anything as heavy as those twin cylinder behemoths , its only the gravel hooning potential that attracts me to them

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down