Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650R engine power output

Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty XR650R engine power output

Post  Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Stock crankshaft power on an BRP is 61.5HP - what do they push on the rear wheel standard (not corked)?

What kind of difference do all the following mods make?
HRC cam
Ported head
11:1 piston
Full aftermarket exhaust
Airbox side cover cut out
TM40 carb

Just wondering what I can expect when she is built Very Happy

Back to top Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty horse power

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:33 pm

stock uncorked 45-48hp,most with these mods seem to be around 55hp

Back to top Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty Re: XR650R engine power output

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Let's start with the beginning Chris, your std indicated output is forking optimistic. If you get that after assembly be glad, but better brace yourself for less than that... really.

(Edit: seems Kiwi & me posted this in the same second, so now there's 2 who warn you not to be overly optimistic)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 pm

BuRP wrote:Let's start with the beginning Chris, your std indicated output is forking optimistic. If you get that after assembly be glad, but better brace yourself for less than that... really.

(Edit: seems Kiwi & me posted this in the same second, so now there's 2 who warn you not to be overly optimistic)
I was quoting crankshaft power - Is 61.5 not correct?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:56 pm

temporary kiwi wrote:stock uncorked 45-48hp,most with these mods seem to be around 55hp
Is that on the back wheel? 55 sounds good to me - pity I am at 5000 feet beat head

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm

From what I can gather about Dyno's you can get different readings from different Dyno stations for the same bike & conditions......wouldn't pay too much attention to the numbers as long as she runs well be happy Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty rwhp

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 am

Chris_w_65 wrote:
temporary kiwi wrote:stock uncorked 45-48hp,most with these mods seem to be around 55hp
Is that on the back wheel? 55  sounds good to me - pity I am at 5000 feet beat head
yes , my previous eng setup had somewhere around that figure with - 12.5:1 std bore size piston, xrs only hrc copy cam, oversize valves, ported head, twin wrap around headers[long step pipe type]std carb with k&n std airbox replacement filter,[ derestricted] std ign, it wasnt dynoed but it had no trouble keeping up with 450's off the turns, then past them down the straights

Back to top Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty crank to wheel hp

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 am

ive just seen a dyno chart put up on tt that says you can have 58hp at rear wheel std[ yeah right!] his dyno tuner has tweaked the settings, as it also got max power[67rwp] at 9800rpmand continued revving to10500rpm with just a pipe and power commander, these sort of figures are ridiculously inaccurate, just goes to show you can get any figure with the right fella at the controls, honda states 61ps at the crank, however it loses 14-16hp getting to the rear wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:34 am

I believe the XR650L pushes 44 at the CS but only 28 at the rear wheel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:12 am

Chris_w_65 wrote:I believe the XR650L pushes 44 at the CS but only 28 at the rear wheel
And I am really enjoying the XR650L I am riding at the moment - Can't wait to ride my BRP

Busy sorting my parts into piles for zinc plating, spray painting, anodizing and powder coating Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Mine stock and uncorked was 45HP and 39ft/lbs. Here is the dyno run after a Leo Vince header and Stage 1 Hot Cam.

XR650R engine power output Dyno4-13XRR_zpsd64782ef

Back to top Go down

XR650R engine power output Empty the unbeleivable becomes beleivable

Post  Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 pm

temporary kiwi wrote:ive just seen a dyno chart put up on tt that says you can have 58hp at rear wheel std[ yeah right!] his dyno tuner has tweaked the settings, as it also got max power[67rwp] at 9800rpmand continued revving to10500rpm with just a pipe and power commander, these sort of figures are ridiculously inaccurate, just goes to show you can get any figure with the right fella at the controls, honda states 61ps at the crank, however it loses 14-16hp getting to the rear wheel
guy just posted that its a ninja 650r twin, now the graph makes sense, like the one above

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down