Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck Valve

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stuck Valve - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuck Valve

Post  Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Mauser wrote:If the cases are toast specially left side then your knackered as you won't find a second hand or new 1 anywhere....!!!
I would do as suggested and drop a complete engine in and get yourself up and running; sell what you don't need then when you get bored over the winter months pull your engine apart and see what exactly has happened.....
Looking online some have reported the melted guide happened due to over tightened chain, does your engine have the automatic system still installed or have you fitted a manual tensioner ?

Left engine case.

99.9 % of dealer do not want the hassle and will not order you a new left side engine case.

Service Honda (servicehonda.com) out of Hammond, Indiana does go thought the process and sells left engine cases.

They ship to International destinations.

You must call the guy at the Service Honda parts counter. You cannot do this via the internet. You must call the guy at their actual parts counter. I don't think the internet sale people deal with special ordering a left engine case.

You need to send or email them a copy of your driver license, VIN and Engine Number off of the Left Engine Case.

The case comes wih all of the new bearing already installed.
 Bananatool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:26 am

Here is what looks to be a very low hour 2005 XR650R.

$2000

Close to you in Albany, NY.

http://elizabethnj.global-free-classified-ads.com/listings/2005-honda-xr650r-motorcycle-it1262873.html

Last edited by AURORA on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added price)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 am

Thanks for the tip about ServiceHonda Aurora. If I end up doing a rebuild myself, that should be super useful. I really appreciate your advice.

Awesome! I sent that seller a message. Hopefully the bike is still available. GREAT find. If it's still available, I'll get down there ASAP.  banana 

Unrelated, but does anyone have any suggestions for people/places that might provide rebuilding (full or partial) services? I see some pricing on XRsOnly for specific tasks, so I'm planning to give them a call, but wasn't able to find anywhere else that looked promising.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:52 am

In the order I would recommend.
Rob Barnum...Baja 1000 solo winner 760-985-7895 barnumspro@yahoo.com
Precision Concepts...talk to Eric if he is still building engines
Berkeley Honda...Steve if he is still there
XRs Only

You might be able to talk Chris Blaise into building you one...

Still wondering why the motor ran hot?
Low oil?
Bad oil?
Oil temp had to be over 250 degrees for the cam chain guides to melt.

Probably cost $400 round trip to ship the motor.
Probably better to buy that bike in ALBANY,NY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Looks like that Albany bike is a scam. Dude says he's overseas, the bike is crated in NV, and he's got duplicate listings for it in Pittsburg and NJ.

Yup, I'm still wondering why it was running that hot. Maybe splitting the cases would clue me in. beat head

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 pm

whats the alien thing doing in your pictures, l have been a mechanic for over 35 years now
in your oictures that last one its looks like a fetas ??! of a alien ??!! WHAT IS IT ??!!
let us know what you find and good luck on your restore
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:54 am

Mike,

I saw your motor.affraid 

By the way, nice shipping crate.

For the money it will cost to rebuild the motor using stock parts, you might as well spend a little more and go with a Falicon knife connecting rod (10 times better than the stock con rod) , Stage 2 cam and high compression pistion for 680 cc.

Having the crank balanced and or lighten, is nice.

Adding a pumper carb is nice.

Now you can run 15/47 gears which are better for road riding while the bike performs, wheelies, like
you are running 14/48 gears.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Aurora, you're right on. Rob is going to hook the engine up with the works.

Can't wait to see it, but it's going to be a while before I feel the difference.

I'm planning on a meticulous (long) and careful engine install. Getting a new carb, properly serviced forks, and a taller gearing. 15/47 sounds appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:17 am

Very nice!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2