Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Surrey, UK

Go down

Hello from Surrey, UK Empty Hello from Surrey, UK

Post  Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello all.

I have a 2000 xr650r owned for 8 years or so.
Currently doing a ground up rebuild and adventure bike conversion.
The bike has suffered years of abuse, so plenty of headaches, and a lot of project creep too (bling parts). But getting there.

Hello from Surrey, UK SwingArmBearingsDust_zpsbf7318be

Back to top Go down

Hello from Surrey, UK Empty Re: Hello from Surrey, UK

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Welcome to the forum , l have learnt much here for my bike
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Welcome!
Interested in how you do your adventure conversation as I am slowly, bit by bit, doing the same.  Please post pics once you can.

Regards
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Looking at the state of your swingarm bearings you are going to have some funn , well it will teach you a lesson about not doing basic maintenance  razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Looking at the state of your swingarm bearings you are going to have some funn , well it will teach you a lesson about not doing basic maintenance   razz 

Yes, it was a bit of a challenge; threaded rod, old sockets, elbow grease and a bit of heat. Got the bastards out in the end.

TBH the whole bike has had minimal care or basic maintenance, has lived outside for most of it's life, plus jet washing etc... all bad.

I should have broken it for parts, it's been a money pit, but I figured I would end up with something special at the end, and I won't ever sell it. Plus riding it puts a grin on my face, more so than my fireblade or any of my previous super bikes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 pm

binned_it wrote:
I should have broken it for parts, it's been a money pit, but I figured I would end up with something special at the end, and I won't ever sell it. Plus riding it puts a grin on my face, more so than my fireblade or any of my previous super bikes.

I can relate to that  Bump BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down